Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello!

The name of this site was the attraction for me. I have owned nothing but Ford cars or trucks all my life so I can appreciate a lot of the forums here. Currently, I own the truck in my sig. I originally bought it to tow a trailer and my 2003 Cobra. Since all of that has been gone I have spent more time learning about my diesel truck and modding it to my taste. I enjoy doing the work myself and have learned a lot. Not afraid to try anything. Here are some of the mods I have done in the last two years.....

Sumimoto 255/70/22.5 on American Force Classic 22.5 wheels, 4.88 w/Truetrac rear, Mag-Hytec front/rear covers, Mag-Hytec 5R110W trans pan and '08 improved filter, custom front/rear springs from National Spring, Bilstein shocks, Bilstein dual stabilizer shocks, 4" stainless turbo back to a FTE single 6" stack, Safari Snorkel intake, Dfuser coolant filter kit, CFM++ Large Mouth, custom CCV reroute, fan shroud removed, batteries relocated, HD250 amp alternator w/remote rectifiers, (9) ISSPRO Performax gauges, 6.4 banjo bolts, Ford fuel regulator kit, Nathan K5s, Air Zenith, Warn hidden winch bumper kit, Warn 16.5k winch, Reflexxion steel hood, custome lightbar w/twin KC 130amp slimlines and twin KC 130amp Rally 800, KC rear floods, Jimmijammers, Britebox, Retro Solutions, ATTA 50gal Bed tank/tool box combo, F650 lower dash w/Carling switches and twin gauges, SCT X2 and other stuff.

Look forward to continue my education and getting to know some of you.

Dave

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome to the site!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome! Post some pics when you get a chance.

Not exactly....pulled the Cobra in the garage with only 5K miles and rebuilt it from the ground up for RR/OT. I upgraded every part and piece to aftermarket hardware. She was my baby though.....but she wasn't a queen. She liked it rough.

As soon as I figure out how to post pics on this sight I will throw some out.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I like yer switches. :D

Thanks guys! The switches are Carling. Very nice....each etched with the purpose and illuminate green with the dash lights. There is a red activation light when the switch is.....active. Just finished installing the lower dash earlier this month.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Welcome to the site.

Sure...here you go......

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

The nine switches are....

Fog Lights
Bed Lights
Backup Lights

High Idle
Inverter
Air Compressor

Aux Fuel
Tank Drain
Train Horn

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Sure...here you go......

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

The nine switches are....

Fog Lights
Bed Lights
Backup Lights

High Idle
Inverter
Air Compressor

Aux Fuel
Tank Drain
Train Horn

There is more chit going on there than a Christmas turkey is filled with. :D
Which gauge tells you when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter is aligned with Mars, and exactly what lotto numbers to purchase? What are the average temp of your farts? I am sure I saw a gauge for that there. smilietease

LOL....yep....a lot of gauges. I think I am done with any more. The ISSPRO Performax is a nice system because you can have up to 17 gauges linked to the controller.

You should know how informative the factory gauges are ( not ). Especially for the 6.0 diesel! I don't even bother looking at the factory cluster anymore...with exception of speedo and tach. Purely for piece of mind and function.

The A-pillar has EGT, boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure. The overhhead pod has oil temp, coolant temp, trans temp, volt meter.

The steering pod has the HPOP oil pressure.

Lower dash as the digital air pressure/volt meter and the aux fuel gauges.

I will see if I can dig up some pics of the Terminator.......

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts