Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

heres one for you to look at

blacksnapon

Staff member
P0297 - (PCM) (TELL ME WHAT YOU SEE BELOW!)
(LOAD) : 81.6%
(ECT) : 201.2°F
(MAP) : 36.975psi
(RPM) : 2780RPM
(VS) : 95.711MPH
(RUNTM) : 00:02:17
(IAT) : 114.8°F
(MAF) : 655g/s
(PTO) : Off
(FLI) : 49%
(BARO) : 14.065psi
(APP_D) : 78%
(APP_E) : 76.9%
(EGRPCT) : 87.1%
(EGR) Error : -3.13%
(TP) : 0%
(FRP) : 24360psi
(WARMUPS) : 255
(CLRDIST) : 7360mi
(CATTEMP11) : 651.2°F
(CATTEMP12) : 593.6°F

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
bumping the rev limiter are we.
The DTC indicates the vehicle has been operated in a manner, which caused the engine speed to exceed a calibrated limit.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
now look at the runtime pid 2 minutes and 17 seconds after it was started.The load was 81.3% (pouring the coals to it!)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Could you explain all that in laymans terms please? I'm curious as to what it means.

blacksnapon

Staff member
thats essentially everything that was going on at the time the dtc was set. Such as load, 100% would be full throttle. The app pids at the bottom show the accellerator pedal position.Look at the FRP (fuel rail pressure) pid. 24thousand psi.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks like he only gave it 2 minutes and 17 seconds to warm up, then punched it and got her up to almost 96mph at 2780rpms (think diesel motor), which created a 81.3% engine load? Is that what the 'load' number means.

Looks like he only gave it 2 minutes and 17 seconds to warm up, then punched it and got her up to almost 96mph at 2780rpms (think diesel motor), which created a 81.3% engine load? Is that what the 'load' number means.

Or 300...

Yup, Chris has it right. This guy wasnt exactly the sharpest tack in the box, and he wasnt very nice to his truck either.... smiliewhathesaid

blacksnapon

Staff member
Look at the ect pid (201 degrees), this truck came in for a check engine light (codes for fan motor circuit). Found the fan connector came loose, and the wiring was in the bottom of the shroud.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts