Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

im lost on this

Nothing bolts over the yellow area its blank the heads are made to be interchangible from right to left every one i have seen has that area exposed. The rear side of the right bank doesnt have a coolant passage on the intake the coolant only goes through the front runner of the intake. The coolant passage in the picture is a dead end at the intake. If that makes since

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Heads are interchangable (with oil galley plug change and cam change) GASKETS ARE NOT!!!! The gasket you have highlighted is the DRIVERS SIDE GASKET. They only go one way in the head and should have little nipples on them that clip into the heads. You will notice that the PASSENGER SIDE gasket has NO O-RING for that spot as it is a through hole on the back of the engine.

Hope that helps you out!

I guess the gasket sets i have been buying are diffrent than what you described i remember seeing an o-ring on both in the set... i will take a closer look at mine since i just pulled my 4.6 out of my truck and make sure.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts