Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interesting Observation (for me anyway)

Saturday, my wife amd I went to Columbia, Missouri head on into that wind we had. We were traveling 70-75 mph and the boost was reading around 20 psi......we were only there about an hour. On our way back with the wind to our back, traveling the same speeds, the boost was barely off of the 0 peg... I thought it was kinda interesting to observe...

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I've seen that several times in my truck. It is interesting isn't it.

On another note, I've seen the same type of thing while flying. On my first solo cross country, I flew from Kansas City to St. Louis. It took me 2.1 hours to get to St. Louis from KC, and 3.7 hours to return. Talk about having to pee bad. Sheesh!! And I was SO bored. The little planes don't have stereo's because we have to listen to air traffic, so it was me, the engine, a map and some serious wind noise.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I've seen that several times in my truck. It is interesting isn't it.

On another note, I've seen the same type of thing while flying. On my first solo cross country, I flew from Kansas City to St. Louis. It took me 2.1 hours to get to St. Louis from KC, and 3.7 hours to return. Talk about having to pee bad. Sheesh!! And I was SO bored. The little planes don't have stereo's because we have to listen to air traffic, so it was me, the engine, a map and some serious wind noise.

As the Beetles once sang....

"Ground control to Major Tom....."

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
As the Beetles once sang....

"Ground control to Major Tom....."
Well, so far the cops haven't accepted my pilot's license either. So, I guess I have to stay in a plane to really go fast. lol I do have a great license plate frame: "I'm not driving fast . . . I'm just flying low"

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Well, so far the cops haven't accepted my pilot's license either. So, I guess I have to stay in a plane to really go fast. lol I do have a great license plate frame: "I'm not driving fast . . . I'm just flying low"

In the latest issue of 8-Lug Diesel Truck magazine.... they had a photo of a guy's '99 F350 pick-up (page 114).

His name is listed as Sheldon Harshman of.... get this.... "Osage Beach, MO."

Do you know him... it's a red/white F350 that's been highly modified.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
In the latest issue of 8-Lug Diesel Truck magazine.... they had a photo of a guy's '99 F350 pick-up (page 114).

His name is listed as Sheldon Harshman of.... get this.... "Osage Beach, MO."

Do you know him... it's a red/white F350 that's been highly modified.
No actually, but now I gotta go find a copy of that mag so I can look for him. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts