Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

International(Racor) Fuel Filter Design Change

I purchased fuel filters from International back at the end of January and just got around to changing them today. The Primary fuel filter design has changed and the part # has been superseded and is now 1847170C94. I called International to ensure I had the correct filter and they confirmed it was. Nothing earth shattering here but I thought I'd post it anyway since the part # listed in the 6.0 Tech section ends in C93 vice C94. Here is a picture comparing the two.

Attachments

• filters2.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
The redesign stops debris from by-passing the filter when the filter "has some miles on it".

Yeah I like it. There are now two o-rings (outer and inner) to prevent fuel from bypassing the filter.

The old ones had a red tint to them and for the first time I felt like I was not wasting my money changing filters. I really wish there was a differential pressure gauge across the filter housing.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Here is a jpg image of the "for public release" file Racor sent me of the "fuel filter update" explaining the fuel filter change for the 6.0L and 6.4L fuel filters.

It explains the reasons why ans the new and old model numbers.

I have an internal contact at Racor that keeps me informed of all issues related to their products, but it took Racor some time to publish their "official response" to the updated design of their fuel filters. Oh wel... better late than never.

By the way, if you change your filters on time and use good quality fuel, you should have no problems with the old designs (as many of use long term users have not anyways). If you have old stock of the old design filter, just use them up and change them on time and buy your fuel (as you should have been doing anyways) from high volume, high quality retailers) and you will be fine.

Hope this helps and answers many of the questions some of you have had.

Attachments

• 7948 Rev - (Par Fit Design Change)_Page_1.jpg
Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles