Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

MIGHT be gone a few days

Hi all,

Just a quick note. I might not be online for a few days. Nothing major, but I am having some issues with my "fistula" (for dialysis). Tony will know what that is.

Fluid is building up in my arm (shoulder etc) and I go in to the hospital at 8:00 AM tomorrow to start tests.

You have seen those wrestlers that are on steroids? My arm and shoulder look like that...except it is fluid. Even my neck and face are swollen.

If they can find out what is blocking it they will do whatever it takes to fix it. Sometimes they can do a sort of angioplasty (not called that) and open them up. We will see.

If they can't find it, that means more minor surgery to install "temporary" catheters somewhere again. Then a minor surgery to install something more permanent down the road.

It is not definite at this point, but I might have to stay in the hospital overnight at least (depends on what they do or do not find). That would mean leaving directly from there Thursday morning for dialysis.

See you when I return. Off to bed now.

Later,
Brian

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sorry to hear it Brian. Good luck brother, I know you'll come back like nothing happened, you're a trooper like that.

Fellro

Staff member
Hang in there bud, it can't last forever.... have fun with the nurses, it certainly passes the time...:hehehm: :wasntme: I spent 21 days in the hospital back in 92 in the burn unit, if you kid around with the nurses, they tend to treat you beter, treat them like crap, and they can make life rough...Of course, I had a nurse as a mother, and now have one as a wife, so i know the thinking...

Can't sleep....:(

I'm too much of a night owl to be in bed this early. :headbang:

I appreciate the well wishes guys. This is not anything major (this time). Yes...I am nervous. Probably more nervous than I need to be.

The dialysis in not working very well right now and I am sick. Being so swolen is uncomfortable too.

With all that I have been through a possible overnight stay is not a huge deal. The last time I was in a coma (been in more than one), I was in the hospital for 121 days {or so I was told}.

Everything will be fine. I just have to deal with it and move on like I always do.

:wavey:

I know better than to ever be mean to a nurse. They are there to help and things go much smoother if you let them do what they need to do.

I just wish there was a cute one every now and then. What I get for living in a retirement area.

good luck with that sir. Nancy's port plugged once. they did the "angio" type deal and all was well.see you soon

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Good Luck Brian. Hope everything goes okay. Hopefully, things will get better for you soon.

Have a Merry Christmas if you are not back on line before then.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
We will say a prayer for your Brian! See ya back real soon!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
smilieIagreeHope everything goes ok bud good luck!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I know what you're going through Brian. It happened to Robin a couple of times. Good luck and best wishes.

P.S.
If you wear one of those hospital gowns, do everybody a favor. Hold it closed when you get up and walk around. :D:D:D

bobf100

Brian - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Get well soon because your 56 is waiting for it's new paint job and it's hard to paint with one of those hospital gowns on.

bobf100

Bob, ya mean with all of the overspray, he might wind up with a blue racing stripe up his backside?

Yes - or - brown racing stripes on his truck. :eek:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts