Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mustang 4.6L spark plugs

So I have an 08 Mustang 4.6L. I am considering pulling the plugs this weekend since the car is going on 4 yrs old(production date 6/07. It has 22K miles but I think for the concern of the plugs getting stuck in an aluminum head the time is more relevant). I am pretty sure the manual does not recommend changing the plugs until 100K I just know how easy aluminum threads can get loused up. I guess I have two questions:

1) Is this a good practice?
2) From a material compatibility standpoint what type of anti-seize should be used or should it be used at all?

I found this TSB 08-1-9 which dies not apply to Mustangs. It recommends a type of anti-seize, however, I do not think that engines installed in the F-150 be it the 4.6 or the 5.4L had aluminum heads hence my concern....

I found this TSB 08-1-9 which dies not apply to Mustangs. It recommends a type of anti-seize, however, I do not think that engines installed in the F-150 be it the 4.6 or the 5.4L had aluminum heads hence my concern....

The TSB file is to large to post. Just google it....

blacksnapon

Staff member
Pull the coils, spray in a generous amount of PBblaster (or comparable), then slowly work them out. I use the nickel anti sieze.

Ford Truck Articles