Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My before and after pics (lots of pics)

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Its been a blast to drive the past few weeks. Its been getting tons of attention and lots of comments.

Nice ride Ronzi.

I'm guessing that the truck was originally a tu-tone and that is why it had the moulding around the back side of the cab.

I would agree that makes sense but who knows what all has been done to this truck in the last 30 years. The vin is a F38 so I know it was originally a cab and chasis. I wonder if they ever 2 toned those?
When I removed the dash the inside firewall area was white and looked original.
What puzzles me the most is there are custom badges on the cowl and glove box but this truck has most of the options such as a/c, cruise, under dash/glove box/ ash tray lights. It had all the racetrack trim plus the belt trim. Who knows maybe someone added all or some of that stuff. I should do like you and add the Ranger and XLT badges although I no longer have the race track trim. Then it will be my dream truck.

Sure, they tu-toned cab and chassis models. The nice part about ordering atruck back then was you could put whatever option on whatever model. It wasn't like it is today where package X had to go with a certain body style.

Nobody will ever know the difference in my crew if it was an XLT or not. It will have all the proper options for the XLT group.

Sure, they tu-toned cab and chassis models. The nice part about ordering atruck back then was you could put whatever option on whatever model. It wasn't like it is today where package X had to go with a certain body style.

Nobody will ever know the difference in my crew if it was an XLT or not. It will have all the proper options for the XLT group.

I guess all I would need is the woodgrain for the dash and some door panels along with the badges. What about lower trim? Did some XLT's only have the upper trim like mine? What are you going to do for lower trim on your crew?
Oh and btw, thanks for the tip on the upper trim. It was way easier than I thought it was gonna be.

The lower trim was an option on an XLT. The upper trim was standard on an XLT.

My crew didn't have the lower trim on it plus it is way to hard to find a few of those pieces for a crew so it won't get it.

I probably have all the trim you need ...in my garage

you..................................................

nice truck, am seriously gelious. my second dent was a long bed 4x4 didnt run when I got it put tomuch into it and sold it........... yes I know, but got alot offerd couldnt refuse the offer.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Did anyone else catch that he traded a freaking fourwheeler FOR A JEEP?!

I wanna see pics of the damn fourwheeler! LOL

Very nice truck BTW

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I wanna see pics of the damn fourwheeler! LOL

fourwheelers get up there in price. My brother-in-law had a Raptor 660r, about $8k would get you started.

It was a nice 4wheeler. 2005 Grizzly 4x4 with a winch. The Jeep was pretty nice but had been sitting for awhile. The red paint was fadded pretty bad. It didnt have a clear coat so I had it wet sanded and buffed and it came out ok.
I didnt care about keeping it because I have this 1983 Scrambler and just didnt need 2 Jeeps.....

1230859127.jpg

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I hate you more with every pic you post! HAHAHA

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hate you more with every pic you post! HAHAHA

You want to be him when you grow up, don't you? If you stop slipping shots passed the goalie, you might be able to disburse funds elsewhere...hahaha.

Ford Truck Articles