Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new camper

View attachment 840

Just bought this today. I figured it fit in this section because its on blue. I think Im gunna either camo it, or repaint the stripe down the middle to match the truck.

Last edited:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'd paint the stripe blue. I love slide in campers. I want to get one for my silver truck. I'd have to rework the jacks, because of the lift, but it would be a nice set up.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's looks really cool sitting on that truck. Camper looks like it's in pretty good shape and a nice size one.

I'd paint the stripe blue. I love slide in campers. I want to get one for my silver truck. I'd have to rework the jacks, because of the lift, but it would be a nice set up.

I probably wouldn't even put it in my truck if it was lifted. Ive seen that go bad before. As it is this thing is top heavy. If it was gunna be on there more permanently, I would get sway bars

That's looks really cool sitting on that truck. Camper looks like it's in pretty good shape and a nice size one.

Thanks! Eh not so much on the nice shape part though. I payed $100 for it. Its ok, but the roof needs to be redone and its got some issues where the rear left jack mounts. But it was a good deal. I like the look of old slide in campers on old trucks. When I bought it, I figured it was built in the early 80's, but after looking at the title. I found out it was built in 76. So It goes with the truck as far as vintage. (Truck is a 77). The nice thing is is all the appliances work

Geeze Cip, I don't know how well you'll be received by your girlfriends father if you show up with that when you pick her up for a date...:rofl2:

Hahaha! I actually thought about that. I don't have a girl at the moment, but I am friends with this girl with a very protective dad, and I think next week Im gunna go up to her house and pick her up with it, just to see his reaction

Geeze Cip, I don't know how well you'll be received by your girlfriends father if you show up with that when you pick her up for a date...:rofl2:

On second thought, tonite is prom...

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks great on the truck... :D

I'v always like those campers, not sure why, but I do...

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I've also always loved slide in campers and have had MANY of them through the years. In my gallery there is is pic of my latest one that I sold last fall to purchase a travel trailer. I LOVE that camper and it was the same year as Burt. I restored it completely also, including rebuilding the passenger side wall and jack support for the front jack. Have fun with you new toy!
Dak

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts