Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nasty Exhaust Leak!!

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
My truck has the 302 in it, it has stock exhaust manifolds and the leak started in the summer and it sounded like it was only on one cylinder... now its just horrible and it sounds like complete crap. Whats the common cause for these leaks..?? Gasket, Warping, Donuts?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gaskets and/or warping have my money. Pull off the mani's...make sure they're square and true, check the block as well for pits and whatnot. Then throw some new gaskets on there. Also, could be something as simple as bolts loosening up...doubt it after all this time, but something that should be checked.

Michigan
lol maby its your whole exhaust system? HAHA!

Manifold is probably cracked. Time for headers!

91xltlariat

Pennsylvania Chapter Member
could be cracked manifolds.

check the donut gasket on the passenger side.. thats where mine was.. there were no more threads left on the bolt.. so i squeezed the manifold nd y pipe together and stuffed some horeshoe washers inbetween the nut and the manifold.. worked like a charm!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
pretty much what everone here has said. its very common on these trucks to have warped manifolds and possibly bad gaskets, donut gaskets as well

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts