Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Nc Logo

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I let you guys come up with the graphics...I didn't know how to do it. I sent Chris the graphic...told him to do what he could color wise and detail wise. Also told him to toy with the FTF logo I posted to replace the red FTF logo in yours.

Your point? :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I can always send them NC most Wanted Poster with your name on it. :rofl:

It wouldn't matter...he's slowly turning into a cross dresser, which they like. I heard they tell him several times that he has a pretty mouth, and he said he likes sqeualing like a pig. Besides he likes driving Gey Men's Chubbies...what else could they ask for???????

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Okay guys let me explain real quick about how the vinyl plotter works. It is not a color printer like your printer on your computer. It is merely a computer-operated blade that cuts a solid sheet of solid colored vinyl into different shapes. It doesn't have any color nozzles that squirt colors into the vinyl-- those kinds of vinyl plotters only exist at professional vinyl shops and cost several thousand dollars (the cheapest one Roland sells is $11,000).

This video shows, pretty clearly, how the process works:

So the decal will need to be in 1 single solid color. I can do two colors if I layer different vinyl shapes/patterns on top of each other, but the cost per sticker will be increased since that uses twice as much material and twice as much time to produce.

That being said-- the design that SuperSnake has posted would be impossible for me to make. BUT! I can create something very similar, in 1-2 colors. I cannot, however, make anything with any sort of shading, simulated depth, gradient colors, etc.

So I have a basic idea of what you're looking for. Don't worry about making an exact logo design-- I'm gonna get to work on something and I'll post it back here for your approval.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...thanks Chris. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
It wouldn't matter...he's slowly turning into a cross dresser, which they like. I heard they tell him several times that he has a pretty mouth, and he said he likes sqeualing like a pig. Besides he likes driving Gey Men's Chubbies...what else could they ask for???????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What about something like this guys? Picture the black being the window on your vehicle, and the white being the white vinyl:

75635540.jpg

The edges look a little jagged cuz that's a straight black-on-white bitmap (no grays). But when it gets cut those rough edges get smoothed out.

This'll give you an idea about what the decal looks like when applied to a window:

DSC01782Large.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think it looks good...I'm really just game for whatever works.

Tony...I'm diggin the new sig too.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think it looks good...I'm really just game for whatever works.
Translation-- you're not 100% happy with it. The point of posting it here is so you guys can critique it and offer suggestions on how to make it better suit your needs. Tell me what you'd like to change.

At first I tried down a downward arch on the North Carolina Chapter text, all in 1 line; kinda like you guys had on your design. but the shape of the state (thick at one end and skinny at the other) made the arched text look very strange. I thought it looked better off to the left, filling that void.

It's your call!

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Translation-- you're not 100% happy with it. The point of posting it here is so you guys can critique it and offer suggestions on how to make it better suit your needs. Tell me what you'd like to change.

At first I tried down a downward arch on the North Carolina Chapter text, all in 1 line; kinda like you guys had on your design. but the shape of the state (thick at one end and skinny at the other) made the arched text look very strange. I thought it looked better off to the left, filling that void.

It's your call!

How about instead of square make it oval?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
A Ford Oval instead of being square
Ohhh you're talking about the black part? That's not part of the decal. The black is supposed to be a "simulated window"... If I just posted the vinyl portion (the white part) then you wouldn't be able to see it on the webpage.

Clarification-- there is only 1 color of vinyl in the decal that I just showed you: white.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts