Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need trans info!!

Can any of the parts guys tell me if a '84 F350,351W,4spd trans is a NP435? I'm hoping for a direct swap for my T18 in my '70 F250CS,360FE. My T18 is worn out at the shifter pivot area. Are the speedo hookups,bolt patterns,input/outputs the same? OR....Should I put a new top&stick in theT18? Any guesses on parts cost? I can't be the first guy with a wallowed-out stick pivot. TEACH ME,OBI-WAN!!

Can any of the parts guys tell me if a '84 F350,351W,4spd trans is a NP435?
I'm hoping for a direct swap for my T18 in my '70 F250CS,360FE.
My T18 is worn out at the shifter pivot area.
Are the speedo hookups,bolt patterns,input/outputs the same?
OR....Should I put a new top&stick in theT18?
Any guesses on parts cost?
I can't be the first guy with a wallowed-out stick pivot.
TEACH ME,OBI-WAN!!

Cool post. :)
Sounds familiar. ;)
I see this post is older than the one on Fordification.
Didn't notice you were in Tucson before.
Got a digital camera?
Where you at?
What'd you think of my other post? :)
Got a torch?

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np435.htm

Alvin in Vail

Last edited:
Alvin, The FE series motors have a different bolt pattern than the 351W, thus, if you can unbolt the bellhousing from your 351W and mount it on your NP435, then it will work. I know as I have a 1975 Ford F-250 4X4 (Highboy) with a 360FE engine, NP435 tranny and NP205 transfer case. Many of the NP435's came with a 6.69 ratio for 1st gear, thus, you won't ever use it unless really, really needed. I use 2nd through 4th all day everyday. As Ford used A LOT of NP435's, T-18's and T-19's, the only other thing to check would be the overall length of each tranny to ensure your driveshaft will work, as well as, the tranny mount itself.

Ford Truck Articles