Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new and lost

Whats up folks? Im new on here and am lost. I have a 2006 6.0 that I love. I just deleted egr and changed oil cooler. It ran great for a week. Then it died. I can start it once a day which is a delayed hard start. After a few minutes of perfect running she dies and wont start again til yhe next day. Im getting p1408 1780 and 1000. The other day it had codes for injectors on cylinder 6 and 7. Those went away. I've been stuck for a couple of weeks now. Can anyone please guide me a lil?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
P 1408 is EGR lack of flow. Did you tune your truck after your EGR delete, being an 06, you need a tuner on it.

From another post...
A P1780 code is generated when the PCM/TCM does not see a change in state in the TCS/Overdrive Cancel/Tow Haul switch during the KOER test, [Key On Engine Running]. During the KOER the switch needs to be cycled during the test.If the test was properly performed and the P1780 still exists the module did not see a change in state in the circuit, indicating a circuit, switch or module failure. Since the switch is operator actuated this is the only way the module can check this part of the system for proper operation, it cannot self test this part of the system on its own, hence the need for the switch to be operated during the test.

P1000 is simply a computer reset code its nothing to be worried about. To clear it, you have to drive more

First thing I would do is test the FICM voltage. Some scanners (scan gauge 2) will test it for you, or you can test it with a volt meter.

http://www.ficmfixer.com/testing.htm

That is where I would start, especially with the injector code.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
yeah you should see at least 47 and nothing under 46 during cranking.

Ficm tesed 48 volts steady. Im really at a loss now. I couldnt get her to start so I could check for different codes. If anyone has any advice of what to try next it would be greatly appreciated.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
honestly I do not know. You might have lost your high pressure oil pump. That is what drives the high pressure oil, which drives the injectors. That would definitely be in the realm of things to check. This might sound silly, but is it low on oil or diesel? Did you mistakenly put gas in it?

If its not getting fuel, you could start by checking the fuel filters, make sure they aren't plugged up and make sure they have fuel in the bowls. Only do one at a time then try to start it, before you change the other. There is one on the frame rail that a lot of people tend to forget about that sometimes never gets changed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts