Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New here

Hi, I am new to this site and would like to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I have a 2011 xlt w/5.0, 3.73 ELD, chrome package. Unfortunately for me it is in the shop right now getting a new timing chain tensioner. I will post pics when I get a chance.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Welcome Mike! :wavey: Sounds like a great truck-- I've fallen in love with these 2011 trucks since I bought mine a couple months ago.

Definitely post some pics when you can.

here she is

2011-04-11_17-23-44_361_KPT-2.jpg

2011-05-26_19-18-05_288_KPT.jpg

2011-05-26_15-03-58_569_KPT-1.jpg

what caused it to need a new timing chain tensioner???
When the engine was at normal operating temp, it would make a ticking type noise when it was restarted say after getting gas or running into store. The truck would only be off for about 5-10 min and would make that noise for a couple of minutes once restarted. It turns out that it was the tensioner. I just want to get it back soon, its going on 2 weeks.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome to the site & nice truck!

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Welcome to the site!

That's a nice truck! im kinda diggin the color....

Not much of a fan of the new trucks to be honest. Can't really say why though. Maybe i haven't spent enough time in one??

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
When the engine was at normal operating temp, it would make a ticking type noise when it was restarted say after getting gas or running into store. The truck would only be off for about 5-10 min and would make that noise for a couple of minutes once restarted. It turns out that it was the tensioner. I just want to get it back soon, its going on 2 weeks.
This seems to be a common problem with the 5.0L. I've been seeing lots of reports of that issue.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF..nice truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts