Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New law threatening classic cars?

Fellro

Staff member
http://myclassicgarage.com/social/p...l&utm_medium=WeeklyEmail&utm_campaign=15email

The jist of it is that the new law would allow small companies to reproduce classic cars, as long as they use modern powertrains and such. Personally, I don't think it will hurt the classic car market at all, may even enhance it through better parts availability, and it will be no different that the clones being still worth less than the originals. The classics are getting to the point they are not affordable by the average person, and have largely become a rich man's toy. With more of them around, they would become more desireable to have the originals, and certainly not the doom and gloom of "killing the classic car hobby".

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Agreed...it might have some impact on values for certain vehicles...but that's hardly the doom-and-gloom all the headlines seem to be about.

(Unless, of course, you're one of the poor saps who fell for the idea that classic cars were an "investment"- a good place to sink your money- rather than just neat toys that cost a lot of money.)

Fellro

Staff member
When I first saw the headlines, I thought there was a law preventing older cars from being on the roads or something, not that there would be more cars to purchase. The thing is, many of these will likely still be pretty high priced.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts