Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Shoes on the Screw

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
Well I put some 38/15.50/18 Toyo MTs on the Crew changed wheels too went with a 18x10 Revolvers -22mm offset. Yes they hang out almost 7" but they don't rub.
agajepeq.jpg
amy7ugyg.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm a huge wheels guy and I really like these.....the only thing is trying to keep those bad boys clean with all of the inlets and ridges.....my rule of thumb is that if I get chrome, I try for larger surfaces and anything super detailed like these would be polished aluminum or something that you can just spray down from time to time.

One's like these if not carefully taken care of throughout the year will be pitting in less than 18 months.

Nice rig. Looks good!

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
They don't say anything around here about them hanging out. There's a bunch running 20x14's.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^normal registration wouldn't fly in our state with your rig for the lift and the tires sticking out......you could register it as a "custom" truck, but it comes with limitations. They're pretty strict up here about that stuff...sucks.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
We can do about anything we want down here all they are concerned with is the taxes you pay on it lol. The only thing they really fuss about is window tint and the little fast and furious want to be's with their neon lights.

Nice looking rig! What can you say about the performance of your Toyo MTs so far? Just looking for opinions as I'm planning to change my tires sooner.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
^^^normal registration wouldn't fly in our state with your rig for the lift and the tires sticking out......you could register it as a "custom" truck, but it comes with limitations. They're pretty strict up here about that stuff...sucks.

He ain't even gotta go through emissions test in his county.. So he could go no cats and be able to register his truck every year..

Down here they don't give a $$$$ at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
He ain't even gotta go through emissions test in his county.. So he could go no cats and be able to register his truck every year..

Down here they don't give a $$$$ at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Must be nice......I don't even mind paying more, but Maine is pretty liberal. :headbang:

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
Nice looking rig! What can you say about the performance of your Toyo MTs so far? Just looking for opinions as I'm planning to change my tires sooner.

I really like the Toyo MT's they ride super smooth and wear great and do great off road they seem to clean out well. These 38's balanced out great the worst tire only needed 3.5 ounces That's not bad for a 38/15.50/18. I like the way my 37/13.50/18's handled a little better these 15.50's want to wander a bit on the road following the pavement but nothing bad. I'll put up with it for the better look.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Those are some nice looking tires. In Missouri we're allowed 2" beyond the fender, so they just invented fender flares if guys want to stay legal. :rofl:

Is that thing running a 5.4? Have you done anything to the gearing or power of the motor?

Ryan

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
The toyo mts do get decent traction. Not super impressed with them vs the old bfg mts.

They are a bit spendy, and they cant seem to balance mine out. I could chalk that up to idiots behind the balancer most likely. I like your truck. I would drive a new 1/2 ton 4 door if i had to do it over again

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Ford Truck Articles