Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new toolbox

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
im pretty sure hes not going to tell us.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
I'm with Skan, I want a flush mounted one because I want to get a soft tonneau eventually. Be nice for the extra weather/lock protected space, seeing as how I don't really have any room for stuff in my regular cab (with 2 12") other than the bed.

As far as high tech places go, I remember seeing somewhere (csi maybe?) where someone had a car setup with a compartment that would only open with the dash switches all turned to a certain setting. Mostly settings that didn't make sense for the area. Full heat in S. Fla. etc.

Anyone ever seen where the spare tires located in an Odyssey?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Most of the trick stuff has to do with how it is accessed not necessarily where it is hidden. Saw one in a car, looked very very regular, that had a hidden compartment underneath the back seat that raised up on hydraulics. Now the trick part to it was that to open it you had to move the driver seat to a specific position and then the passenger seat into a specific position and then tune the radio to a specific station. IN THAT ORDER. When that was done the rear seat automatically raised up. Much like a combination lock.

Saw a hidden compartment inside a CAI. Had put in a false bottom and a smaller filter. looked very stock and never a likely place to look.

As to if you said you did not have the key for the toolbox, it would depend on the circumstances. Why are you stopped? Probation or parole? under arrest already? How bad do I want in it? Lots of variables to think about. Everyday run of the mill person though?...I would probably never even ask to look inside.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I got same model last year . Picked up wrong one . Was shallow with handles at back like yours.Wanted side so I could put tarp on. Not deep enough for my stuff . Now I got too much stuff and a cap. Anyone need a box?

But they really come in handy

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
haha ok now that i am in the right thread for this....

ive got a delta bed tool box thats black daimond plate. its really handy. i love it because its a low profile one and it sits right up the bottom of the window so the visibility is still there. in there i carry, a 48" offroad jack, lug wrench, air pressure gauge, wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, extra belt, extra hoses, oil, ATF, brake fluid, coolant, knives, water, tow rope, bungie cords, rope, my warning light that sits ontop the truck, my CB antenna for now, extra boots, snow brush, mini shovel, extra headlight bulbs, jumper cables, cotter pins and electrical tape to jump bad relays, fuses, duct tape, MAG light(actually thats in the cab) i have some other stuff but i can't think about it off the top of my head right now. its all basic stuff to me, i never want to be stranded..... ANYWHERE. i also have a spare 33"/10.5/15 tire and rim mounted and balanced thats in the bed as a spare if one of my 33/12.5/15's desided to get a flat....

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I got same model last year . Picked up wrong one . Was shallow with handles at back like yours.Wanted side so I could put tarp on. Not deep enough for my stuff . Now I got too much stuff and a cap. Anyone need a box?

But they really come in handy
Wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have a box ,my company paid for the first one I got , it was used and the locks only worked half of the time , so I had to upgrade, talked to them ,I got a brand new Weatherguard diamond box , thing is awesome , what I like the most about it is that when it is locked the button is still out , but when you press it it stays in ,so you know when someone has tried to get in the box.

hey i took another pic of it before i came into the office today. Carl, I don't need to get in the bed to open it. it has latches on both sides and you only need to pull one to open it. it has those air cylinder things that trunks and some hoods have so you can lift the door with your finger if you wanted to.
03-05-08_0915.jpg

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
hey i took another pic of it before i came into the office today. Carl, I don't need to get in the bed to open it. it has latches on both sides and you only need to pull one to open it. it has those air cylinder things that trunks and some hoods have so you can lift the door with your finger if you wanted to.
03-05-08_0915.jpg

thats a bit slimmer than mine. My shocks went out and i can still lift the lid with but only my finger. One latch works both latches so just lean over the bed rail and pop it up.

95bronk, thanks a lot. i didn't like the color of it too much when i bought it but now i love it, it has grown on me. I've never seen anyone else with a truck this color. Its called medium palomino (code CB). your bronco is really sweet. congratulations on the TOTM too! yours could be the nicest bronco i've ever seen! looks perfect!

A G, it sounds like we have very similar toolboxes. Hopefully my shocks stay in tact though. glad to hear yours is still working for you.

Skan, judging from the last pic, wouldnt you say that its a great time for me to get diamond plated bed rail covers with matchig tailgate cover like you have??

Frankenford, thanks for the compliment man. Also, you gave me some more good ideas as to what i should fill the box with. theres really no excuse to be ill prepared. especially with these awesome trucks that we all have!

Michigan
yours could be the nicest bronco i've ever seen! looks perfect!
haha thanks man, umm not perfect, the tail gate is a bit rusty. Going to get a new one and painted this spring, so then it will be a bit better.... Ive seen trucks your color and i love the way the orange stands out in the sun.

SO

On my tool box i added some tie down hooks, worked out nicely. I got closed loop ones. The hooks that are stock just dont do any justice. The box is a great place for them too. You push what your hauling all the way to the box and strap it down.

When it comes time to pollish it, use some oven cleaner let it sit, wipe it off and buff the sh*t out of it! worked wonders on my muffler tips!!!

Hey DREO
I hate to tell ya but I got a couple things to say

First, I think you paid way too much for a USED box. There's this scrap yard I go to and I have never paid more than $60 for a box. That one was the humongous MONDO box that I can put anything in. And I NEVER paid more than a DOLLAR A POUND for my boxes. Well, not til they raised their prices for scrap aluminum to $1.25 a pound. But thieves still bring their booty in and sell for scrap prices and the yard sells to me for scrap prices, too. I buy NEW Romex copper wire and carbide end mills there. Stuff that you KNOW is stole but there is no way for the cops to trace much of it so the yard buys/ sells it all for scrap prices.

The SECOND thing is that I'd really rather prefer that GREEN box in the background to that cheapey alyoumimeeum one in your truck.... Looks to be "BULLET-PROOF" to me.

OK, now wait a minute. I'm just farkin wif ya on YOUR box. Nice box, nice truck and nice tires. And you prolly have a nice wife, too.

But I still like my source for boxes, wire and aluminum ladders. Bought a couple of 28 foot Werner ladders there for a buck a pound.

RoGrrr
Ohio

BTW, I just bought a 96 and a 97 PSD 7.3's, both wrecked. Gonna make one good one out of them. I'll post pics when I can.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey DREO
I hate to tell ya but I got a couple things to say

First, I think you paid way too much for a USED box. There's this scrap yard I go to and I have never paid more than $60 for a box. That one was the humongous MONDO box that I can put anything in. And I NEVER paid more than a DOLLAR A POUND for my boxes. Well, not til they raised their prices for scrap aluminum to $1.25 a pound. But thieves still bring their booty in and sell for scrap prices and the yard sells to me for scrap prices, too. I buy NEW Romex copper wire and carbide end mills there. Stuff that you KNOW is stole but there is no way for the cops to trace much of it so the yard buys/ sells it all for scrap prices.

The SECOND thing is that I'd really rather prefer that GREEN box in the background to that cheapey alyoumimeeum one in your truck.... Looks to be "BULLET-PROOF" to me.

OK, now wait a minute. I'm just farkin wif ya on YOUR box. Nice box, nice truck and nice tires. And you prolly have a nice wife, too.

But I still like my source for boxes, wire and aluminum ladders. Bought a couple of 28 foot Werner ladders there for a buck a pound.

RoGrrr
Ohio

BTW, I just bought a 96 and a 97 PSD 7.3's, both wrecked. Gonna make one good one out of them. I'll post pics when I can.
Not sure who you are or where you came from but... You've sure got a big mouth for a new user. Welcome to the site, try to keep it friendly YelloThumbUp

Skan
I did try to keep it friendly by admitting I was messin with DREO.
Since you dislike my mouth, I'll simply go away and not bother all you self-righteous people here.
Sorry for upsetting you.
Guess I'll just go back to my scrap yard.

Not sure who you are or where you came from but... You've sure got a big mouth for a new user. Welcome to the site, try to keep it friendly YelloThumbUp

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Skan
I did try to keep it friendly by admitting I was messin with DREO.
Since you dislike my mouth, I'll simply go away and not bother all you self-righteous people here.
Sorry for upsetting you.
Guess I'll just go back to my scrap yard.
Lol, I wasn't scolding you brother, just pointing out that you've got a big mouth, do you not? It's okay we've all got big mouths around here, you'll fit in just fine ;) And that's the reason I put the YelloThumbUp at the end of my post, so you'd know 'its all good' :D Stick around, no reason to leave smilietease

Ford Truck Articles