Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

roadfind

roadfind
Hi all, new to site but long time FORD owner. It all started when I was 15 and I needed a ride to get to school. My first was a 55 F-100 , it was ruff but no rust. Built it from the frame up (428 ci c6 narrowed 9'' 4wheel disc),then had to get a paying job to support it .After high school I needed a truck to haul my welding gear( 71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd ) that took me all over the western states,I racked up over 100,000 miles on that truck!!! . Not much left of the original drive train . It now has a 79 dana hp44 with big disc brakes , C6 np205 and a custom built rear dana 60. Than in 2000 I treated myself to new truck (F-150 4x4) first truck that I ever had that A/C power every thing !!! Then with famliy getting bigger needed bigger truck ( or at least what I told my wife ) . I went down to my Ford store and sat down with the special build department and ordered my totally decked out dream truck. A 2004 F-350 4x4 6spd cc sb Lar, I checked off every box but the sun roof . It's been a great truck , we have a 40' 5th wheel toy box that we have towed coast to coast twice now . I also use it to tow a 30' gooseneck with my equipment to job sites all over Calif,. We use it as our family ride over my wifes suburban. While I hope to get ideas from site, I will hope to add as well . Thanks again ,,,,, Roadfind

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hi all, new to site but long time FORD owner. It all started when I was 15 and I needed a ride to get to school. My first was a 55 F-100 , it was ruff but no rust. Built it from the frame up (428 ci c6 narrowed 9'' 4wheel disc),then had to get a paying job to support it .After high school I needed a truck to haul my welding gear( 71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd ) that took me all over the western states,I racked up over 100,000 miles on that truck!!! . Not much left of the original drive train . It now has a 79 dana hp44 with big disc brakes , C6 np205 and a custom built rear dana 60. Than in 2000 I treated myself to new truck (F-150 4x4) first truck that I ever had that A/C power every thing !!! Then with famliy getting bigger needed bigger truck ( or at least what I told my wife ) . I went down to my Ford store and sat down with the special build department and ordered my totally decked out dream truck. A 2004 F-350 4x4 6spd cc sb Lar, I checked off every box but the sun roof . It's been a great truck , we have a 40' 5th wheel toy box that we have towed coast to coast twice now . I also use it to tow a 30' gooseneck with my equipment to job sites all over Calif,. We use it as our family ride over my wifes suburban. While I hope to get ideas from site, I will hope to add as well . Thanks again ,,,,, Roadfind
Welcome Roadfind! :wavey: Glad to have you with us. I accepted your request for the California chapter so head on over to our section and introduce yourself when you get a chance. I made a post bout you over there:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5923&page=3

Folsom eh? We're not too far from each other. Hop on Folsom Auburn Road and drive north for about 25 minutes and you'll hit my house ;)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome to the site man...great to have you here...seems like you have quite the eye to determine a good looking functional truck. Kick back and enjoy hanging with the good ol' boys (and girls) of FTF.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And kick of your shoes :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Sorry Ben...

HAHAHA...you have just graduated to 3rd degree Black Belt hijacker...hijacked a newbie's thread within 29 minutes of creation. Good job Matt. HAHAHAAHA.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the sig...

I'll stop Hijacking now...

Glad I could be of service...I'm wondering why there has been no response to what I said to you in your cousin's thread though????????? You know the one where you said you were gonna go eat some hot dogs or something.

Thanks Ben, ya just bumped me outta Matt's sig.....I feel sooo,..... yesterday...:(

Sorry...I didn't mean it, I swear...and just when I started to get back in your good graces and off your ignore list. Please don't let this come between us...hahaha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I forgot to say before... Post some pics of your trucks!! That 79 sounds awesome.

That would be a 71 with a 79 HPD44...but I agree, need pics. We here on FTF use pics as energy.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Welcome to FTF Roadfind!! There's a great bunch of people here!

roadfind

roadfind
THANKS FOR THE BIG WELCOME FROM YA'LL , I'LL SOON HAVE SOME PICS LOADED UP!!! I 'M LUCKY ENOUGH TO STILL OWN ALL OF THEM BUT THE 2000 F-150 (I sold it to get the 04 SD), THE 55 HAS BEEN IN SHOP AS WE ARE DOING A 4BAG SETUP AND ADD A ON BOARD AIR SYSTEM CHANGE THE STRAIGHT AXLE OUT FOR A MUSTANG POWER RACKINPINON ,BUT THE 71 WAS GIVEN TO #1 SON TO GET HIM THOUGH SCHOOL WHILE HE HAD IT, IT NEEDED SOME MOTOR FRESHING SO A REX HUTCHINS BUILT 460 .60 OVER MADE ITS WAY INTO THE ENGINE BAY ,NOW IT RUMBLE DOWN THE ROAD SO NICE,6 YEARS LATER#1 SON HAS GRADUATED AND NOW #2 SON NEEDS WHEELS AND HE IS PRESENTLY ROLLIN IT DOWN THE ROAD.(REMEMBER THIS TRUCK NOW HAS OVER 1,009,467 MILES ON IT) THEY JUST DON'T MAKE'M LIKE THAT NO MORE AND I'M GLAD MY BOYS THESE GREAT EXAMBLES OF TUFF FORD TRUCKS !!!!!! OH BY THE WAY MY SWEET LITTLE GIRL WILL BE DRIVING TO SCHOOL IN A TIGHT 68 MUSTANG , YA KNOW WHAT YOU THINKING , HOW NICE IS THAT . I LOVE ME KIDS , CAUSE THEY INJOY DRIVING THESE GREAT DETROIT IRON . ROADFIND ollllo

Ford Truck Articles