Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

no love for the 390??

Buy the parts and ship it all out to me, I'll have my machine shop guy do his thing then i'll build it for you. I love FE engines, haven't been able to blow one up yet.
dam kuzmen dont tease me that sounds to good to be true so youll do the machine work and assembly for ............?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
dam kuzmen dont tease me that sounds to good to be true so youll do the machine work and assembly for ............?

If your serious i'd have to check with my guy to find out about the machine work but he gives me a good deal. And depends what you want to do with it such as bore size. My labor somewhere around $250-$300, i'd also paint it if you wanted.

ya im serious let me know how much the machine work is and ill check through my job and see how much shipping would cost me 300 to assemble a motor isnt bad compared to the rates i got around here i plan on ordering a stroker kit either a 418 or a 449 or maybe a different one havent figured out the major differences other then the obvious and which one would be better so boring it out would be a must

Geez. Too bad connecticut is that far...we would all send him engines to build.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I enjoy doing it, and im not looking to get rich off it either. If you don't mind paying the shipping I don't mind working on it.

I had mine custom rebuilt, Bored out to around ~415, ported and polished, full engine balance, the works... along with 3 2bbl edelbrocks.

P1010031-1.jpg

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I have a 410 Merc motor sitting out back waiting to be redone (need to find something to put it in first) Plan on slaping some 13:1 pistons in it with a lumpy cam. My first 390 I did I had punched out .060 over, biggest truck cam I could find at the time and a 4bbl intake, thing was a animal!!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey Dave!
I want to get a small stroker to put in to my truck like a 310 320 but I wanted to be able to normal compression pistons so I could run pump gas but the builders out here said you can't do that.
Some thing to do with the engine ripping its self up is this true or do they need to go back to school?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Hey Dave!
I want to get a small stroker to put in to my truck like a 310 320 but I wanted to be able to normal compression pistons so I could run pump gas but the builders out here said you can't do that.
Some thing to do with the engine ripping its self up is this true or do they need to go back to school?

I built a 408 stroker from a 351w for my mustang ran either 9.5 or 10:1 can't remember exactly now, but I was running it on pump gas mostly 87 octane and the thing was sick, trickflow heads and pistons victor intake and a 800cfm carb. Never blew it up, would rev over 6000rpms at times.smiliepeelout

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I built a 408 stroker from a 351w for my mustang ran either 9.5 or 10:1 can't remember exactly now, but I was running it on pump gas mostly 87 octane and the thing was sick, trickflow heads and pistons victor intake and a 800cfm carb. Never blew it up, would rev over 6000rpms at times.smiliepeelout
:bow:
What would it take for you to build me a engine :D

Ford Truck Articles