Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Power to Fuel Pump

Hello group. I am a new member here and at a loss with my truck. I a problem regarding no juice going into the fuel pumps on my F-250 5.8 4x4. I was hoping someone could assist me in figuring out what could be wrong.

There is no electrical power reaching either of the two internal fuel pumps which are in the gas tank.

We replaced the fuel pump relay, and the 20 amp fuse.

The inertia switch was not tripped and is in the normal operating position.

When we parked this truck one year ago, it ran good. It still turns over good but it will not start. I replaced the distributor and rotor. I also used a spark plug tester and it is getting a spark when we crank it over.

We bought a fuel pump but did not want to install it until we fixed the electrical problem. Today, I took off the utility bed and, whenever we find the fuel pump problem, we'll take off both tanks, clean them, install pumps and fuel filter, and end up putting on a regular truck bed.

Also, there is no power to the inertia switch.

We don't know much about electronics on vehicles so any ideas to our problems would be greatly appreciated. All is can see thus far is that the engine light remains on.

Thanks.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
You need to post the year of the truck, each group of years have different problems and solutions.

If it were a 87 -89 I would guess fuel pump relay (green relay on the rail by the air cleaner box) These had a habit of corroding, and loosing power at the harness connection

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts