Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Official Bad Company De-Build thread.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well I'm tearing the truck apart so I can have a clean slate for the official build.
Plans are motor tear down, trans removed and interior is coming out. I'm not sure when but ill post up some pics eventually. To date the top end of the motor is out and the interior is out minus dash.

I am starting to stock pile parts and what not for the build, along with the discussion of options and build of bad company...

When I can access a computer ill put up pics.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
It depended on the truck.....I think the diesels and maybe the 460's came with the D50...anything smaller had a D44HD...my buddy's 96 F250 with a 351W has a D44HD.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Okay, that's good to know. Most everybody I know has an F150, so I was never around 3/4 tons much. Did the F350's all get the solid 60 or did they have TTB as well?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
No prob shaun.

I tried searching, but I remember skank posted a link to a part that fixed the shaking dash when one of the plastic bolt tabs break. I know for issued a whachamacallit for em.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah there is a TSB for it. They made a metal bracket that you bolt in place, and then put 3 screws into the dash to hold it up.

If you go to the parts desk at your local dealership I'm sure they'll know what you're talking about. They're becoming more and more rare though so don't waste time. Even if you plan on doing it in the future, go buy it now for like $20.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did the F350's all get the solid 60 or did they have TTB as well?

Tried to find a pic in my gallery of Thunder's front end...but as stated, 350's=D60 up front.

I am heavily considering a sas, but its gunna mostly be dd duty. Might go 44 for the straight axle, and 60 the toy.

Ummmm...toy????? Care to disclose any info on said toy? Care to disclose any info on what your plans are with bad company? I think a SAS44 up front is a good call. And just for reference, what have you been driving since your truck has been down? Please don't tell us Chris has rubbed off on you.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I honestly can't remember dan, but I believe its 4 prong.

Ben: lookin at a 350 already with tons equipped, and if I'm lucky a bbf too. :)
As for wheels, nothing I'm getting rides to where I need at the moment.

Plans for B.C.
Repair interior, I'm sending the seats to an upholstyr shop to get the tears fixed.
Sound deadening the interior
Trans synchros replaced
Top end build on the motor.
Lift
Sas
New fenders
New passenger side door, get dents in bed repaired
Tinit
Audio build
One metric chit ton of little odd ball chit. Lol
Maybe paint if I'm feeling ambitious.
New rubbers too.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
So with this thread being called a De Build, does that mean nothing is happening?smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So you're basically looking to make BC a bad a$$ capable DD/weekend warrior type deal.

Did I miss the thread on the 350 toy, or did you just spill the beans?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts