Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oil pan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
rear...front is out of a 2by or car...I think.

oh ok.Someone put a front hump in mine.Good reason why it is dented.I guess I need to find one some where.What do I do about the dipstick that I have know?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^So you have a front sump pan and front dipstick??? Chances are the engine has been swapped in...not all that uncommon. You probably do have the right pan. If not, I wish I woulda known you needed a pan, just sold my last 'extra' last week.

Yep front dipstick with a front hump pan.I knew the motor was replace once at a Ford dealership.At lease thats what I was told.This might be fun to find a rear hump pan.Dont I need a different pick up when I switch pans too?

Removed by author

Last edited:
What why did you remove whatever you wrote????

I posted using my PC and thought his engine was a 460.
My MB video card is wearing out it seems

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Tony,if you go to a rear sump pan,you will need a rear sump pickup assembly and screen for the oil pump,look for a pan that has the dipstick tube provision.of course you will also need the dipstick and tube. as far as the front tube,remove the stick and simply cap it off with a pipe cap.Now unless your having clearance issues i wouldnt sweat it.

Ford Truck Articles