Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ok guys, i cant keep it secret anymore...

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
hehe..... not only are the GT40's going on... well... i swapped a cam in... it was the first weekend i was working on it... and it took me so long to get the heads off... well... that was when i was swapping the cam out... and at that point i decided not to take any pics cause i'd be too tempted to post it... well.....

so i did a big no no and didnt take pics... but oh well...

now for a lil something bout the cam... i dont know the specs... but it was a friends that he was fixing to swap into his 91 F150 w/351W but he totalled the truck...

its a custom ground cam for SD... w/ stock heads w/a bit of port work its supposedly able to get 300hp/350ftlbs..... smooth idling..

gotta get the stat sheet from him for it...

so im expecting to get a bit more since i have GT40's...

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Sounds good Chris. When do you think it will be all together so we can see a video?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Good when you get that done you can come up and help get the body off my truck so I can get started on the frame-off.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I don't blame you. I'm not even looking forward to it. may just have to get the new heads on it and drive it till I build the new house.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
dynos can be hurtfull haha...

i wish u good luck... i am also racing to get it finish this sunday!

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I knew you had a cam......yesterday when I saw your new avatar. I agree with Jurgen...dynos can be a mood killer but I hope you get the power you're wanting.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah try not to let the dyno get you down too much. It's all about what feels good and that seat-of-the-pants power you get. I'm excited for you, chump!

Ryan

Proeliator

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
"Smooth idling" is soooo over rated.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts