Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Parade Truck needed

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...figured I'd just throw this out there, but I won't be able to tow the Cheerwine boat this year in the Faith 4th of July parade. Mainly because the parade is going to be on Monday, the 5th and I'm going to have to work and no one is really willing to drive my truck and I don't want them to. Historically, this has been the second largest 4th of July parade in the state (roughly 30-40,000 show up to a town of 1500). So if you have the time and want to show off your rig, let me know. Cheerwine sponsors my brother's bass boat, so I'm sure you could score a few cases of Cheerwine, Blue Mist, Savage, Sunkist, etc. if you were willing to help. My brother is also sponsored by an outdoors supplier...so if you were to help, I'm sure you could make good on the 50% off all items except for 25% of ammo and 10% off firearms. So if you're interested and wanna show of your rig, post up, shoot me a PM or alot of you have my email.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Dang it! I'm going to be painting the truck that weekend!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Wait...are 2by's even considered trucks...hahahahaha.

Take that up with Ford on that one! I'm waiting on the right 4x4 for a conversion. :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nobama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, why do you have to work on a holiday.....especially independence day?

Well, the 4th parade is actually on Monday the 5th and apparently Delhaize AMERICA thinks only the 4th is the day to be celebrated. So I get it. But here in the Bible Belt, the only thing that happens on Sunday is church, so that excludes parades.

Well, federal law says if the 4th falls on a Sunday, it shall be celebrated on Monday and Monday is a holiday. If the 4th falls on Saturday, it's business as usual on Monday.....Never did figure that one out...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well, federal law says if the 4th falls on a Sunday, it shall be celebrated on Monday and Monday is a holiday. If the 4th falls on Saturday, it's business as usual on Monday.....Never did figure that one out...

Yeah man...I don't get it either...and I think it's a tad ridiculous to work that Monday, but I'm just a grunt. That being said, we only have 5 actual Holidays...and if they fall on a weekend it's tough nuggets. Technically, if it falls on a Saturday you can request to take the Friday off and if it falls on a Sunday you can request to take the Monday off...but that is without pay. But I wonder how that would work considering I'm salaried and signed a contract on my weekly pay. That being said, I hear it's extremely frowned upon to request the day off.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like fun. I would do it if I was closer.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like fun. I would do it if I was closer.

It really is a lot of fun. I've been the tug a few times, but now brother has me on retainer...haha. I always thought it would be cool to get like a Dentside Coalition Club going or something and have it roll through the parade. We do have car clubs that ride and we do have quite a few dentsides in the area...maybe it's something to look in to.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
With enough advance notice before next year if we could get something together I would consider the drive down to take part.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HOLD UP GUYS!!!! I'm trying to talk Bonnie into being there...

Sweet...but no talking necessary, just lure her in to the truck and take off when she straps in...hahahaha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright guys...looks like I'll either be using one of the bottomland 4x4 trucks, but I'd need a 15-20" drop hitch...hehe. Or the other option is another one of Sam's sponsors has an F450 that is all done up for his graphic design shop. More than likely the 450 will be the ticket. Thanks for the help and info.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
.......guess I'll have to start the drive from ND today.................

Ford Truck Articles