Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pictures... Finally... Only 7 Months Later... PIPE DREAM WARNING...

So as the title shows, let the record be set that right now i am in nothing more then research mode, just like my two threads 7 months ago haha... I just managed to make it back to Canada for the summer and snap some pictures.

Truck is rough, but it has stories, none from my family as my grandfather bought for the grain box on the back (with unholy intention of welding a piece of oil rig pipe to the bumper to drag it behind a tractor...)

Nothin is official yet, as like i said i need to look into some stuff first before i attempt to take this off his hands... he thinks i am nuts already haha

First and foremost... I found this little gem in the glove box...

IMG_1085.jpg

What can anyone tell me about this? This truck sits in my grandparents bale yard, so i snapped these pictures as i had a few minute while the bale truck was being unloaded (i play driver when i am there), and in my rush i did not look/find any other sort of "vin" or ID number. Like i said, in my rush i simply just looking on the dash on the drivers side where model day vehicle have the vin, didn't see anything and kept going... The truck has "papers" like a pink card and stuff when it was parked, oh bout 5/6 years ago, but they were no longer in the glove compartment when i looked and i didn't think until now, 2 hours away and about to get on a plane putting another 1400 between us, the ask my grandmother is she had them filed some where

IMG_1056.jpg

From my research in the last couple weeks, and memory (which is poor) this truck is a 1959. I remember a 19x9 on the paper when i did see them, and judging by other pictures i have seen, its pretty obvious its a '59...but maybe some one can correct me if they know other wise or can "Decode" the picture above.

Here is my album to all the pictures i grabbed, http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Hick67/F-600/.

The truck is rough, it was a farm truck till the it was parked, painfully obviously by all the 5 gallon pails and grain shovels in the cab... all that came with the truck, Auctioneer and owner felt it "added" character to the truck, haha

Now on to the single biggest question...

I was sifting threw LMC and was looking at body panels for what appears to be this very truck. The image, fenders every thing looked exactly like this "f-600" but the magizine simply said F-100/F-250... Did they use the same bodies for all the trucks, just threw different badges on them for the different frames they sat on?

Cause i mean they sell every from the rocker panel, to the step, both the bottom plate and curves plate... even half the fenders which you can NEED replacing badly, although i would be lying if i said i wasn't tempted to stop what ever rust i can, and leave all the farmer body work... like i said, this truck has stories, just look at it.

If some one could straighten me out on this issue it would be a HUGE help. I need just about every piece of sheet metal LMC sells for it and i am looking at a grand worth of metal alone... Seeing as how this is nothing more then a pipe dream that won't see the light of day for least 5 years... i would have no problem collecting parts now and storing them with the truck until that day comes, as i don't know how much longer LMC can offer some of these parts...

Advice and comment welcome,

Scott

Scott, I do believe that the F100 through F600's shared common sheetmetal. It was when you got into the F700's and above that the fenders were "flared to accommodate the wider front end along with ventilation holes above the bumper to help with airflow to a larger radiator. Oh, and to hood too....

IMG_244.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks like one helluva awesome project man. I'd also like to note how fitting it is that Brad jumped in on this thread...must bring back some memories for him. How old were you in '59 Brad...112?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Could be a really fun project

Scott, I do believe that the F100 through F600's shared common sheetmetal. It was when you got into the F700's and above that the fenders were "flared to accommodate the wider front end along with ventilation holes above the bumper to help with airflow to a larger radiator. Oh, and to hood too....

IMG_244.jpg

As was my thinking to, i just wanted to make sure every one else, or least a few others were on the same page as me...

This is not a project for the faint of heart... which is why i am jumping in head first once school is done, haha

First thing first will be stripping every thing off the frame and checking the frame. I was looking at it quickly the other day and the frame in the back looks tweaked... One of the cross members has been "hooked" one some thing, and i am afraid it may have pulled the frame in with it. Combined with the grain box on the back which has been clearly added on to and over loaded at least once for every two times the truck was used, i am hoping nothing is to warped/twisted/bent outta shape

If the frame checks out, it'll be rebuilding the rear axle and shoe horning a cummins in there.. some how... :D

No one can shine any light on the VIN issue or tell me anything i don't already know from the plate in the glove box.

Bigredmariner

Just Another Clown
It sure looks nice, my dad had a 59 F100 that he had hot rodded when I was a kid. I have found memories of tinkering around the shop in the '70's while he worked on that thing. Good luck with your project hope it all works out for you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts