Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Power Window issues

Has anyone had issues with their Power Window?

I have an 05 F150 Lariat SuperCrew. The window quit working the other night With two of them down of course. I have had issues with the drivers side switch for a while. I pulled the door panels and was able to manually supply power to the Window motors and got them up. I replaced the switch today after spending $85 on a new multi switch but after installing it. Well you guessed it, they didn't work.

Now I am at a lost. What else is there to check??

When this all started out the Windows wouldn't work if a Door was open now it has progressed to not working at all.:headbang:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I know it's a lot of trouble, but do you have a multimeter to tell if the switch is putting out power when you're pressing a button?

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I pulled the door panels and was able to manually supply power to the Window motors and got them up.

Did the power you supplied come through the truck's wiring, or from a separate battery?

I'm wondering about fuses/fusible links...but I don't know how those things are wired.

The Power Supplied was from another Battery. The other weird thing that it is doing is that if the truck is running and the door is open. When you press the button for the windows the Dash beeps and the interior lights dim.

I haven't had much time to mess with it this week but I am going to try and get another owners manual so that I can see what fuses and relays in the fuse box does what.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've repaired a bunch of them with shorted/broken wires between the door/post. All of the switches power/grounds have to go through the master switch. Pull the "bellows" into the door for better access to all of the wires.

My 2008 F150 had the driver window switch go out a year ago
the dealer fixed it under warranty, but now it is acting up again:(
all other switches have always worked fine:)

Ford Truck Articles