Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

problem child

I'm a first time diesel owner, I have a f-350 2005 6.0L dually. My first problem is when I reach about 40 mph the truck starts to jerking even during acceleration, some times a lot of time when I'm taking off theirs a smoke trail, light bile or gray in color. 2nd problem is my oil presure drops when I'm slowing down to a stop and the check oil light comes on? Can anyone please help?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'm a first time diesel owner, I have a f-350 2005 6.0L dually. My first problem is when I reach about 40 mph the truck starts to jerking even during acceleration, some times a lot of time when I'm taking off theirs a smoke trail, light bile or gray in color. 2nd problem is my oil presure drops when I'm slowing down to a stop and the check oil light comes on? Can anyone please help?
I'd need more information on the jerking, but it sounds like an injector or wiring issue (because of the smoke). The oil pressure would more likely be a sensor (no oil pressure, the 6.0 wont run), or possibly use of an aftermarket oil filter and cap.

Thanks a million, I put my truck in the shop and the told me it was my number 3 and 5 glow plug. Can you tell me of anything I can do to my diesel to get the best service out of my motor, like diesel treatment (what kind), oil,see I bought it to do hot shot work. Once again Thanks

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Glow plugs will not make the truck jerk when driving, they would cause a hard start/runs rough condition cold. I would have the oil pressure switch and wiring connector checked I have changed many of them for oil gauage issues. As far as fuel tank.

Fuel Tank Capacity — Diesel Engines
F-250/350 SuperCab and Club Cab with 361 cm (142 in) or with 396 cm (156 in) wheel base 115.5 liters (30.5 gallons)

F-250/350 Regular Cab with 348 cm (137 in), 401 cm (158 in) or 437 cm (172 in) wheel base 144 liters (38 gallons)

Narrow frame chassis cab aft-of-axle tank standard equipment 151 liters (40 gallons)

Narrow frame chassis cab midship tank (optional) 72 liters (19 gallons)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts