Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Question for Bob Ayers...

Bob,
In the past, you've posted somw pictures of your beautiful '61 Ford Galaxie. My curiosity has gotten the best of me sooooh, what's the history of that automobile and how did you find such a specimen???

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Bob,
In the past, you've posted somw pictures of your beautiful '61 Ford Galaxie. My curiosity has gotten the best of me sooooh, what's the history of that automobile and how did you find such a specimen???

My Aunt & Uncle bought that car new. They passed away about 13 years ago, and I've had it since. They always kept it garaged, and has never been
driven in the rain. My uncle kept every single registration, and inspection receipt, and I have put them in a notebook. You have also probably seen they
kept the window sticker, that shows all the options. I have kept it garaged (and covered) since I have owned it. It only has a little over 26K miles on it.

Here is a link with some pictures of her. Notice the spare tire, it hasn't been moved since it was installed at the factory, the whitewall still has the blue coating on it:

http://www.bob-ayers.smugmug.com/gallery/1183593#55357242

Last edited:
The cars in my family are driven until its time for the auto recyclers (crushers) to get them. No one in my family has ever inherited a car at all that I am aware of.

That car is so nice. Looks like it should be on the show room floor still.

My parents will get my 56 (it is in my will), but I have no clue what they will do with it. Probably sell it for next to nothing. LOL

If I disappear, you better contact them fast Goose. :rofl:

The cars in my family are driven until its time for the auto recyclers (crushers) to get them. No one in my family has ever inherited a car at all that I am aware of.

That car is so nice. Looks like it should be on the show room floor still.

My parents will get my 56 (it is in my will), but I have no clue what they will do with it. Probably sell it for next to nothing. LOL

If I disappear, you better contact them fast Goose. :rofl:

I sort of fibbed. My brother has my old ranger now. He did not inherit it exactly. He needed wheels. I went and bought the explorer and gave him the ranger.

I've really, really got to get to know your folks better!!! 'hah'

Well.........:wavey:

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Geeze-O-Pete that is one magnificent car......How often do you give it some exercise?

Every few months I try and take her out. When it's pollen season in the spring, I keep her covered up.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Bob that is one beautiful car.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts