Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Radiator Support

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I am replacing my rad support, and need new bushings for the mounts, will these work allright?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/DEE-ENGINE...y=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=polyurethane

Heres some progress pics as well:

332146223.jpg

332146221.jpg

Michigan
haha hopefully they do. How hard was it getting that support out? I need to do that soon.

Fellro

Staff member

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
They will work fine, or you can just replace them with the factory rubber mounts. Urethane mounts are harder so bumps are tramsmitted more throughout the cab, so you can get increased vibration & jolts and sometimes the urethane will squeak. The rubber mounts are softer and do not squeak. There are pluses and minuses to both rubber and urethane mounts.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Good point on the bushings, thanks guys for showing me where to look. Well, this particular radiator support was a big project, every nut needed to be grinded out, nothing just "unbolted", everything was extremely rusty, but there isnt really any thing on this truck that has surprised me yet, but its the last thing that I have been wanting to gut since I have started the restoration.

Fellro

Staff member
I guess I got lucky on my 92, it all came loose without too much extra trouble, maybe a few...

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I guess I got lucky on my 92, it all came loose without too much extra trouble, maybe a few...

Yeah I guess you did. But if everything came out loose for me, then I wouldn't of felt the urge to replace it, I been wanting to replace this for ever, just never really wanted to get into it because I knew it would hold the vehicle up for a few days while I got it all back together ect...But the new support is in, I hope to get it all back together my Friday, I want to get pics up guys of the new smoked headlights, with the new black trim around the new windshield for you guys, I dont know if i posted these already but shoot me if i did.

Heres the Trim that got powder coated:

331450244.jpg

Heres the new headlights:

331213065.jpg

I am still waiting for the new black mirrors to come in but you get the idea what they will look like while the chrome backings are off.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine

Fellro

Staff member
The set comes with all the bushings to do the cab as well as the rad support. (just looked at the link, and somehow, it swapped off to sway bar/endlinks... gotta love computers! )The blots come with the set. Since the link is messed up, here is the pertinent info:
About this product:
Part Number: 4.4107G
Weight: 3.75 lbs.
Note: Black
Cab set;
Pricing:
$71.99
Availability:
Store: Visit your local store to special order.
Online: Ships within 3-5 business days

Your other choice would be repro companies,LMC truck is one that will have the rubber bushings, not sure if Ford still has such or not. As mentioned, poly bushings tend to be stiffer.

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Yep thats my next summer project (core support) And BTW beautiful truck that is EXACTLY what i wanna do to mine!!

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Thanks guys, and thnak you for comment:)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts