Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rebuilding a 6.0

I have a spare 2004 motor that I am in the process of tearing down. The previous owner pulled it at 115k miles suspecting headgaskets and let it sit for about a year replacing it with a cummins. I want to rebuild and freshen up a few parts/pieces. Question I have is that it was in a manual trans truck.....I have an automatic.....do the internals need to be rebalanced with a flex plate?

blacksnapon

Staff member
shouldn't be a problem.

LOL....Brian found me! Can't hide anywhere. Thanks for the replies everyone. I did find out that it really is not necessary to rebalance the rotating assembly, but not a bad idea either. I also found out that the rear covers may be different and that I may need to swap when I pull the motor from the truck. I guess I will find out when I get that far.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Balancing of any engine is not required, but highly recommended. One thing that is not measurable is torsional vibration. It can be calculated, but not measured. It can also be balanced for.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts