Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rebuilt factory 4.6 questions.

What do they come with (generally), sheet metal, gaskets, accesories??

Also, what kind of warrenty does Ford give?

I was quoted 2700~exchange and would have to be built & shipped from Okla.

Anybody??

The other quote is from an aftermarket builder, basic longblock, no sheet metal, but with a gasket set. 3 year 100k mile warranty, $450 core for $2100. They claim they have the same builder as the dealerships..

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Nobody??

The other quote is from an aftermarket builder, basic longblock, no sheet metal, but with a gasket set. 3 year 100k mile warranty, $450 core for $2100. They claim they have the same builder as the dealerships..
Usually a longblock comes with the gasket set, no intake manifold. Not sure on price or guarantee.

Usually a longblock comes with the gasket set, no intake manifold. Not sure on price or guarantee.

Thanks, leaning dealer so far (as we have a account with them), and if need be will give me time to pull parts off the core before returning it. Also, because they go off the vin# I'm thinking less headaches if I end up with a block non-specific (the whole Romeo vs Windsor vs 6 or 8 bolt flywheel, 11 vs 13 bolt valve cover, etc)..

Anyone had good/bad experiances either way. Thanks for any .02...

This is for the '97 BTW...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts