Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

remote start not working.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
So I have the remote start with the separate fob for starting the truck. 1 button and a led light. When I hold it down the truck beeps, locks the doors, and cycles ignition on. After a second or 2 it beeps again and no start. The little led on the dash start flashing quickly

Anyone have ideas? I read somewhere there's a underwood switch that could cause it. I don't see a legit switch but there is a mercury switch on the hood that sounds like it's working.

If i put the key in and hit it. It beeps 1. Cycles on. Then beeps 5 times. If i put the key next to the ignition I get the same thing as if it's in my pocket.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Update:

If i open the hood it beeps once, then twice. No start. So it's not in the switch

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Two remotes? This sounds like an aftermarket system- is it, and if so, do you know who made it?

Fellro

Staff member
There is a relay that is tripped, engaging the starter. If it isn't triggered, or the relay is bad, it obviously won't turn over.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
It's the dealer installed one. Per my previous research. Where's this relay hiding? Any idea?

Fellro

Staff member
That is harder to say, especially when I am not familiar with that gen truck.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I'm not sure it's a relay per say. Simply because I believe it's a module that just plugs into the harness.

Techno faggery.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts