Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

RVT tires

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...I've been trying to find the tires on the Bronco in this thread:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77633

I believe they are called RVT tires, I've seen them on other rigs too, but no one seems to know where to get them new. I believe they were made by Grand Prix, but I can't seem to find anything about them. The only tire I can find with the RVT name on them now is from Wild Country, and they don't have the same tread pattern. So if someone knows, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Sean...and after piecing info together, I came to the same conclusion. Sucks they're not around anymore, I've always loved that tread, but damn Hawgs are expensive. I doubt after this many years, I could find a set that wasn't all rotted to hell.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah I would think a used set wouldn't be worth the money.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Used rvt tires by grand prix I was refering to. I tried a google search and couldn't come up with any recent ads for them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I would think a used set wouldn't be worth the money.

Yeah...I'm sure even an unmounted, never used set would be all dry rotted and expired by now too.

Uses Hawgs?

Not looking for used and I can't justify paying Hawg prices...especially for the Bronco, so next round will be TSL radials. I shoulda never sold the set I had to my brother and let him buy the MT's.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy hell...those look like the the old Jeep tires...and resemble the tires in some of my 77 brochures. Guess I'll have to give up on those tires. Any idea when they stopped making them...looks like only a couple years.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts