Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

She lives!

In theory I have the points and condenser now. If they are the right ones.

I have all the bolts, nuts, washers, and electrical fittings that we need (I think).

I was out cleaning on the truck, but 90 and in the sun is a little warm. I had to come in to cool off. I am not tough and I can't move the truck out of the sun. :redface:

As far as I know, we will get the thermostat in and get it running tonight. I am hoping to get the gauges mounted and wired.

This is my inspiration for the placement of my gauges. This is Chris' (spokesniff ???) truck. He and Ed are friends out in CA. I met him at the 2006 supernats. My gauges are a lot larger (and in pods) and I only have the 3 of them. I will spread them out some and I will not be drilling into my dash either. LOL

chrisgauge.jpg

Someday I need/want a tach. I can't hear how far the engine is winding out and I don't want to blow it up after 50 years.

EDIT: I could not resist. Here are my gauges:

Dscf0621.jpg

Dscf0622.jpg

See the pods I am talking about? I don't really know what they are called, but I like them.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Someday I need/want a tach. I can't hear how far the engine is winding out and I don't want to blow it up after 50 years.

I don't have a tach either.

It wasn't too hard to calculate engine speed at the road speeds I shift at for each gear, with a known tire diameter, transmission gear ratios, and final drive. You've got fewer gears than I do to work it out for, too.

Just don't forget to upshift...

bobf100

Brian - good luck at the show. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to attend as I will be in Alabama. The Show Me F100's truck show is a good one and I wish I could be there to see your truck. Take lots of pictures and share them with us. You've worked hard on your truck so take some time this weekend to enjoy it. YelloThumbUp

If any of you guys are looking for something to do this weekend I would recommend the show which is held in Branson, MO. It's a small show with about 50 to 75 trucks, lots of good people and very relaxing.

Thanks Bob. I wish you could attend. There are 59 pre-registered. There are more coming in every day. Last year there were 80 total at the show, but they are way ahead of last years schedule already.

Today started slow. I managed to polish all the outside chrome. The grill, door handles, and both bumpers. I shined the trim rings and hub caps.

DSCF0628.jpg

I even shined the tires. My spare is mounted and has a trim ring. I still need a hub cap for it.

DSCF0627.jpg

The tailgate is primed and painted. The thermostat and the new lower radiator hose are in/on.

What I am most proud of is the gauges are mounted. They are not wired in yet, but that won't take long.

It has been a good day.

Here is a pic of the gauges:

DSCF0625.jpg

My steering wheel is off center. LOL

Last edited:

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Brian,

It's looking good. All that hard work is paying off:beer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts