Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Somedays You Just Cant Win

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So this all started yesterday. I went to my work at like 8am to swap the gas tanks and sending units on my 91. I get there and there is no 1 there. I couldnt get into the shop and I dont have office keys. Called the boss and asked where the workers were. No idea he was still in bed. WTF, ended up kid never showed up. Ok ran errands yesterday instead. So today I go and the kid is there and I start working. I get everything swapped over fix some butched bolts and put 5 gal into both tanks. So now my front tank gauge works, sweet, ck rear tank it works, sweet. Then truck starts to run like crap and dies. Ends up my new fuel pump in the rear tank doesnt work. Ck connections and ck for power. All good. Great have to take the rear tank out again when I get other pump. And I bought 2 new tanks, and 2 new complete sending units. My orig issue was no front gauge. Leak in rear tank, with rear tank filling the front. PS I also was milking out the tanks the other week hoping to have them empty and I started to run outta gas on the way to work, I got lucky and there was enough in the rear tank to get me to work as I havent used the tank since I got the truck in feb and found out it was leaking from filling it up!!!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts