Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

STC HPOP Fitting Support Bracket

Just a quick question.... Does anybody know if the support bracket issued to correct the STC fitting failure/separation was ever installed on production engines and if so what build date this applied to?

Supposedly International has designed a one piece fitting that eliminates the need for the support bracket. The last article on the DTS website says Ford has not released this part yet but it is available from International.

How much of a pain is it to replace this fitting in a driveway?

Given that a failure of this fitting could leave the truck by the side of the road it may be worth the piece of mind to just replace the fitting.

I believe Vince told me that the one piece is what they install today...

I have been curious on these specific dates also!

My information says that the bracket was first released on August 1, 2006. I do not know if that is correct or not .... AND I do not know if that meant engines from that production date on had them installed.

So - what engine production date for the bracket and what engine production date for the one piece fitting?

Look forward to learning - especially since my engine build was April of 2006.

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Im not 100% but I looked in the workshop manual for 2007 and it shows the old style being removed and installing the new one peice unit. So I don't think the factory ever installed the one peice connectors. To change this is not really that bad, I usually pull the turbo and intake off to access the high pressure pump cover remove the cover and your there, just need to remove the pump swap out the fitting and reinstall.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Im not 100% but I looked in the workshop manual for 2007 and it shows the old style being removed and installing the new one peice unit. So I don't think the factory ever installed the one peice connectors. To change this is not really that bad, I usually pull the turbo and intake off to access the high pressure pump cover remove the cover and your there, just need to remove the pump swap out the fitting and reinstall.
Aw shoot, is that all? Pfft! I can do that with my Swiss Army Knife!

NOT!! :) I'll just hire it out as usual! Hey Vince, how many hours labor for this job???

The DTS website states that the one piece fitting was released for the 2008 MY engines in the LCF and Econoline applications.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-07-08.php

It is unclear if the support bracket was ever installed from the factory. I was thinking that doing the install of the bracket preemptively would not require the replacement of the STC fitting hence the HPOP would not require removal however going that far I think it would be better to just replace it with the one piece fitting.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The DTS website states that the one piece fitting was released for the 2008 MY engines in the LCF and Econoline applications.

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-07-08.php

It is unclear if the support bracket was ever installed from the factory. I was thinking that doing the install of the bracket preemptively would not require the replacement of the STC fitting hence the HPOP would not require removal however going that far I think it would be better to just replace it with the one piece fitting.

You are correct, installing the bracket doesn't require removal of the pump, but if you are going in that deep I recomend the one piece fitting, even with the bracket on it there is a possibility of it still leaking it just won't blow all the way out.

You are correct, installing the bracket doesn't require removal of the pump, but if you are going in that deep I recomend the one piece fitting, even with the bracket on it there is a possibility of it still leaking it just won't blow all the way out.

Oh yeah I hear ya. If I could get in and out over a weekend I may just do it this winter.

Ford Truck Articles