Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Suggestion for increasing membership

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Due to all the technical/sales material that Duncan and others have posted here on this website, it occurred to me that limiting the access of the info to registered users would provide an incentive to register on this site. Might also want to put a teaser somewhere to make a potential member aware that the tech info would be available after registering?

Thoughts/suggestions?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That never crossed my my mind before, but I think it is a great idea.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
the only issue i see with that is. that alot of people will join. .and never post..

and posting is what really matters. the more posts, and the more visits, the higher on google the site goes when someone searches a ford truck related item or question.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Fully agree. This is a fantastic site. The home page really got my attention when I was surfing around. The layout and design is awesome, so adding more to it is a plus. On posting, Chris is right. What's the use of becoming a member if you are not going to participate!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Fully agree. This is a fantastic site. The home page really got my attention when I was surfing around. The layout and design is awesome, so adding more to it is a plus. On posting, Chris is right. What's the use of becoming a member if you are not going to participate!!

The point is to be able to view the tech info. I do agree with Chris to a degree, but if it forces you to join to see said material, perhaps it will result in more posts.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
the only issue i see with that is. that alot of people will join. .and never post..

and posting is what really matters. the more posts, and the more visits, the higher on google the site goes when someone searches a ford truck related item or question.

Chris, you make a good point. But you already have to register to post. I'm sure we see a lot of people that read and never register, or put the site on "probation" until they like what they see. I know that was true in my case.(I confess).

blacksnapon

Staff member
Nice idea, but this site has always been wide open for information. Thats what makes this place so attractive for everyone.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I can understand registering to see the information... It's not like you have to pay to register. I do disagree with having a number of posts to see the information. But registering isn't to much to ask.

Just my opinion of course...

Also i would like to formally thank Duncan for taking the time to share his valuable information with us...

Thanks Duncers... :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You are welcome..and thank you to Doug and the others who have been taking the time to post up.

I can tell you that when I'm searching for information and I come across a sight that requires you to sign up , I leave it.
But on the other with a sight that does not require you to sign up, I end up going back to it and usually signing up.

But thats just me.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I usually don't sign up to see information. I will look elsewhere to see it. However it does seem like a good idea. I just wonder how many people will sign up just to see it. I would hope that when people see the wealth of information here they would want to sign up regardless of hidden info or not.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like the idea in theory...but like others have mentioned, if signing up is required to lurk, I usually don't go back.

70blue

Georgia Chapter member
A site has to prove itself to me before I sign up and run the risk of it filling my email inbox even more.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts