Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Swapping the Chrome for Shiny Black

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I am swapping out the chrome headlight doors and grille for black ones to match my new front black bumper. From there, I will reconsider if i want to swap out my clear roof lights for the smoked ones, but i may be able to keep them because I have the chrome around the windshield and behind the mirrors to help tie them all together. I will post pics once there all in and painted

ford_black.jpg
320294362.jpg

It will look like the lightning but better cuz the lights are euro what you guys think? I may need to swap out the trim around the windshield tho and mirros if i like the black on black too much

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i liked your truck black on chrome.. but the bumper is black so.. paint them black it will look killer.. :) you can paint the chrome srip of the window also it comes off

i think i'd like all-black, including the mirrors and windshield. speaking of the mirrors, on a truck like that you need the big "western" mirrors, or at least the bigger ones on the arm.

i went from the bigger arm ones to the little ones like you have and i can't stand them

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Thank you guys for feedback, I am very excited for this conversion, I have had my fill of all the "bling bling", and want something less Honda Civic and more respectable, I will still have plenty of bling between the rims, side steps, headlights, roof lights, tips, and tailgate, so i think getting rid of some wont blind people as much coming down the road, and it will make it look more "street" if you will. Lol tomcat, these mirrors are a joke, but i do like how they look sporty, so because i am an idiot i would rather have a sporty mirror than actually be able to see, i remember when i first road the truck i thought maybe the mirrors had been damaged because they give such more visibility.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Looks great .I have seen several with the out grill color matched and chrome showin in middle . But the all mono would look better,

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts