Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Taking Matters into my own Hands!

Psquare75

Creamsicle Driver
So, I wanted both a lip on my truck, and driving lights. I didn't want to shell out $400 + for an LMC bumper, no did I really want to spend $200 on a fiberglass van lip.

What to do?

Make my own.

These pics are miserable I know.

100_2398.jpg

100_2399.jpg

So far I've cut the mounting lip shallower.. and cut holes for the lights I bought.

100_2400.jpg

What did I buy?

the front lip off a van like this, from Ford.

2413e1224046381e01a2f5b19730173e.jpg

are you trying to put driving/fog lights into your bumper?

I dont know if the van would line up properly, your best thing would to find one and measure it out and see if you can modify it plus what is that going to look like ? idk personally i dont think the black "plastic" bumpers would look good on these beasts

Another suggestion would be to go get a bumper from a wrecking yard (up here pull and saves you can get them cheap) And see if you cant do some fab work to it? I have debated about going and getting one, and trying to to fab. it myself. I am not sure what i'd need to cut the metal, a torch, paitience kind of thing? the other thing would if it looks sloppy after you do it, to just buy the driving lights that have a case over it to cover anything?

Psquare75

Creamsicle Driver
are you trying to put driving/fog lights into your bumper?

I dont know if the van would line up properly, your best thing would to find one and measure it out and see if you can modify it plus what is that going to look like ? idk personally i dont think the black "plastic" bumpers would look good on these beasts

Another suggestion would be to go get a bumper from a wrecking yard (up here pull and saves you can get them cheap) And see if you cant do some fab work to it? I have debated about going and getting one, and trying to to fab. it myself. I am not sure what i'd need to cut the metal, a torch, paitience kind of thing? the other thing would if it looks sloppy after you do it, to just buy the driving lights that have a case over it to cover anything?

The fiberglass lips from a 75-91 E series van will work. Not the ENTIRE bumper. However the bumpers themselves are the same as well, just the mounting holes are drilled in different locations.

This is what I'm going for.

testlipps.jpg

I got lucky. I found this spoiler at the local four wheel drive shop. The owner of the shop was heavy into 79 trucks and Bronco's and had it hanging on his wall. After nearly an hour of trying to buy it from him, he didn't want to sell it at first, we agreed on 200 bucks. As far as I know it was the only one left in existance.

dsc02829.jpg

Last edited:

Psquare75

Creamsicle Driver
I got lucky. I found this spoiler at the local four wheel drive shop. The owner of the shop was heavy into 79 trucks and Bronco's and had it hanging on his wall. After nearly an hour of trying to buy it from him, he didn't want to sell it at first, we agreed on 200 bucks. As far as I know it was the only one left in existance.

dsc02829.jpg

Weren't you going to make a mold and copy that piece? I know some people (Me in particular) would buy, lol.

I think my lip will work... I'm spraying it body color.

I was going to but I got to anxious to see how it would look on the Bronco.

If I can find someone that can do it in the local Chicagoland area I'd be glad to make a mold of it. A+A fiberglass was the original manufacturer of it and they went out of business quite a while ago.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts