Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Theme - Old Dent Photos

After seeing Blue Goose's old photo of his new 1973 F-250. I think it would be interesting and fun to have a thread with a collection of old pictures of dents from back in the day.
I will start.

Picture of my dent just after buying it in December 1980 during the "gas crunch" from a Toyota dealership used car lot for $3,100 and boy was he glad to get rid of it.
FTF40_001.jpg

Picture from October 1981 taken by my local Ford tractor dealer after buying a new 1980 Ford 340 series grading tractor.
Also the picture is an early pic of what work my dent did for the next 25 years.
FTF41_001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment Roy.:) I had the 557 built in 1999 after the second 460 with 195,000 miles on it finally wore out.

SuperCab... l am looking forward to seeing your pictures here.

Different thread theme Mil1ion.. nothing to do with mine. Mine is old pictures of dents "from back in the day".... not "Working Trucks Today".

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Maybe this weekend I can finf them... I also have pics of grandpa's '68 camper special somewhere... pics from c. 1972. maybe I can find them and post them... not a dent, but in the spirit of the thread i think...

Old pictures of Bumps sound good to me also SuperCab. This is our 69 F-250 Custom 4-spd 360 Bump that was our trusty and faithful camper and Meyers Manx hauler on many trips to the middle of nowhere in Baja and most of the deserts and sand dune play areas around California from 1970 to 1979.
689832.jpg

Bahia de los Angeles - Baja 1975
689625.jpg

Last edited:
Some photos on that thread are of Photos of dents from long ago.

Here's one of mine

The truck was built on May 5th 1978..,.Delivered to the dealership on may 25th....I bought it May 29th

The photo below is of when I had had it for 10 days.
Long enough to install a CB & Mudflaps

You can still see the spare tire attached to the box mount

TruckPic1.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is in it's PRE-glory days before being fully outfitted to my liking.

TruckAtMorley2.jpg

And again in 1994 pulling my color coordinated vintage 1977 Holiday Trailer

TruckTrailerBC.jpg

Last edited:
Great truck, pictures and your personal history with it Mil1ion. I really like how you "fully outfitted" your truck and trailer making both a very impressive looking combination. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts