Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about switching to carb..

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i dated a venzualin chick once....but she was white and italian looking....her daddy owned a oil well...boy did she screw me...................................................................................................
.........................................over.

Hey they got something worse in america, Just like yoru illegal swimmers.

Cuba to florida....
remember that kid awhile back? that they sent back to cuba.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
that american girl ran off with soem locals and never came back. her fault not ours.[/QUOTE]

ive herd she did that becuase of problems at home.. they say her stepdad was raping her something like that,,

me in her place i would of run off to...

but nway

And second why didnt i go to the highschool that took us to the carribean? THATS BS. they dont even have a senior trip here. They got an all nighter, which is no alcohol, no smoking, no screwing. Etc retarded. My dads senior thing (same hs i went to) was, They rented a farmers field, big bon fire in the middle supplied alcohol, parents patrolled the edge of the acre lot, keys were forfitted.
No body died that came from the senior thing for the years that they did that.

lol.. lets get back to talking about carbs.. make a post in the lounge so we can keep talking about this.. its not fun for roadvirus.. not getting more info on his carb swap.. lol..

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
holy crap i thought this was your thread. It was tonys fault...

ne way.

RV are you prepared to spend the kinda cash required to undertake this swap.
Last time i looked into an intake, For a 352 mind you, a edelbrock was about 400 bucks and up.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i dated a venzualin chick once....but she was white and italian looking....her daddy owned a oil well...boy did she screw me...................................................................................................
.........................................over.
i do know what your talking about there lol!
Hey they got something worse in america, Just like yoru illegal swimmers.

Cuba to florida....
remember that kid awhile back? that they sent back to cuba.

yeah.. cuba to florida is a long way tough... you can see a hill from venezuela here.. you can see chaves pissin on the hill shure hope he falls and brake his neck

but one thing i like about Venezuela...

my aunt fills his old chevy malibu with gas with 3 DOLARS!! max!

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yep. Aint that some shit...

While it's true that they both adjust for you, but the SD is VERY limited to what it will adjust to. MAS has it's limits to, but by comparison it is very flexable. Virus has SD and Ford's SD is about as umcompromising as it gets....hence the desire to change. So, saying "It registers it and adjusts for it" is really a dubious claim since SD wont adjust to much of anything without being reprogrammed.

The MAF system is better at adjusting to modifications within it's calibration range because it has actual data on the air passing through the motor, so it can make more accurate calculations. Both systems will adjust to modifications, the SD system just needs a stable vacuum or it looses control, and that limits your cam choices. Once you get beyond 275-300hp you need to reprogram the computer.. regardless what one you have. I'll add that both SD and MAF systems have the same HP limits.. it's where the 19lb injectors run out of bandwidth.

It's no doubt it may take more money and parts to get an EFI system running, but once there it offers better emissions, drivability, and power.

BTW.. emissions tests in Ontario are done on a dyno at various speeds, not just at idle.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Btw, I think your wrong.. unless it's changed since the last one I've seen done, which was somewhat recently. Like I said, I can get one even if I fail. ;)

Also, A_G.. when it comes to my truck money is no object. Chances are I won't be driving it for quite a while.. but when I get to it it'll get plenty of money poured into it. :)

Ford Truck Articles