Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Transfer case seals

How big of a pain is it to put new seals and gasket in one?Do I need any special tools?Is there anything I should check when I do it?Thanks Tony

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What seals?...input/output are fairly straightforward..remove yolk, pop out old seal and in with new.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Last edited:

primetime

sawmill slave
Mea culpa :bow:. I did forget about your manuals. I apologize. I also apologize for the major foxtrot on my part for trying to help out a fellow Ford truck driver when nobody else had anything to say. The t-case may have been in a Suburban, but it still applies to Fords and (strike me down for saying it) Dodges.

I trust you will make sure that that inferior GM part doesn`t get reinstalled into your F-150? After all, GM was using the NP 205 before Ford.

Yeah, I saw it before you edited it. Get over it. Peace out.

Thanks for the link and letting me know about the manuals.I have never had a gen 6 4X4 before.Thats why i asked how bad it is to put seals in.It doesnt matter what the tranfer case comes from.Its the fact that they are about the same case.Why does it have to start a war for just asking a dang question that I dont have a clue about.I guess I see why no one helps anyone that much in here anymore.Not like it was a few years ago.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Mea culpa :bow:. I did forget about your manuals. I apologize. I also apologize for the major foxtrot on my part for trying to help out a fellow Ford truck driver when nobody else had anything to say. The t-case may have been in a Suburban, but it still applies to Fords and (strike me down for saying it) Dodges.

I trust you will make sure that that inferior GM part doesn`t get reinstalled into your F-150? After all, GM was using the NP 205 before Ford.

Yeah, I saw it before you edited it. Get over it. Peace out.

It was meant tongue in cheek, but after I read it, I saw how it could be taken in a wrong tone...given my penchant for my GM feelings...so I did remove it.
Also, if I recall...New Process was a Dodge subsidiary....so I guess I have a Dodge part..:rofl: :beer:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks for the link and letting me know about the manuals.I have never had a gen 6 4X4 before.Thats why i asked how bad it is to put seals in.It doesnt matter what the tranfer case comes from.Its the fact that they are about the same case.Why does it have to start a war for just asking a dang question that I dont have a clue about.I guess I see why no one helps anyone that much in here anymore.Not like it was a few years ago.

Wasn't supposed to be a war or anything...sometimes a tone can't be expressed properly when typing....that is why I removed what I typed.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

primetime

sawmill slave
I also wasn`t trying start a war of any kind. I`m sorry if it came off that way. I just get a little excited sometimes.

blacksnapon

Staff member
A few years ago, I rebuilt my NP 203 in my 74 F100 4x4. Ordered the parts from a GM dealership, and they came in a box marked MOPAR.

Ford Truck Articles