Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Welcome Redlightning

Just wanted to welcome another new member. Glad to have you aboard. :wavey:

When you get time, introuduce yourself to those who do now know you yet. I think you will recognize a lot of the names (or at least the trucks) around here.

Start a thread and tell us about your truck too. There is a gallery here to host your pics if you don't already have them on photobucket or somewhere.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Welcome to the site. A lot of smart people here, that know there stuff.

I need to contact him again...I assumed he would see this and reply. He owns a 54 ford (I only know the old truck crowd). However, he has been busy with another project lately and has not been posting online. I think (don't quote me on this) it is an 80 camaro.

Wow!!! Thanks for the welcome guys:)
Brian is right.I have been busy swapping an 80 camaro that I bought from an auto to a 4 speed.I just finished it up a couple of hours ago.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/1954ford/camaro002.jpg

The redlightning was a 93.I sold the truck a couple of years.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/1954ford/93truck001.jpg

Since I am done with the camaro.I am going to get back to 54.I put a gm front clip in it and buick 350.Right now it has a 9 inch from a 66 , I have another camaro rear that I might put in so I have the same bolt pattern.I have not made up my mind on that yet.
I am just going to keep it flat black.I plan on useing it for a truck.It has looked like this about the last year but saturday I hope to get back to it.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/1954ford/Buick350Heads006.jpg

I also have my 56 car but the truck is next in line.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/1954ford/1956townsedan001.jpg

My daily driver is 91 f-150 4X4 with a older 302.But I am going to start useing the camaro until the 54 is done.

Thanks again for the nice welcome.:)

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Now I can give you a true welcome, some sweet lookings vehicles you've got yourself. What kinda trans did you swap in, a muncie? What kinda engine you got in that there camaro? Looks clean. :D

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Welcome!! smiliestirthepot You and PolarBear should get along fine. Two Chevy guys on a Ford site!! smilietease

Now I can give you a true welcome, some sweet lookings vehicles you've got yourself. What kinda trans did you swap in, a muncie? What kinda engine you got in that there camaro? Looks clean. :D

I put an old t10 in it.It,s supposed to be out of a 63 vette.I bought the trans,clutch,hurst shifter,z-bar etc. on ebay for 500$ It shifts great.

I was never really a camaro fan.I always thought they were the most generic hotrod there ever was.The 350/TH350.
So how did I wind up with one.
I am a mechanic at a Honda dealership.One of the guys in the parts department had this car.He drove it about 3 years ago and then took it off the road to rebuild it.He hit me up to buy it one day about six months ago.
He said it had: New interior,rebuild rearend 3.55,s posi,new fuel tank and fuel lines, shocks ,ball joints, tie rod ends,tires,subframe bushings,and no rust(I am probably leaving something out).And a paint job that is a 20 footer.

He said he would take a 1000$ for it with no engine or trans because he had the th350 rebuilt and he just rebuilt the engine and he was going to use them in a chevy truck he had.
I thought about it a day and decided not to get it.I thought with the 1000$ I could finish my 54 and it was just a "camaro".
A couple of months past and he was getting some oil from me for the parts truck and joking I said, So are you going to sale me your old car for a good used cat and 100$ ?
He said, I tell ya what.You give me 1200$ and I will throw in the engine and trans.He said it was at his Dads farm and he needed it out of the way.I told him I would like to take a look at it.
I just pictured it at his Dads farm full of rat poop and spider webs.When we got there.It was a nice garage with heat and air.
I told him I would take it but ask him ,Are you sure you want to sale it? He almost had it running the engine and trans were in but nothing hooked up.
He said ,He wanted to get his 442 going and needed it gone.
So I did buy it.He kept the carb and alternator.I had to come up with those and some accy brackets that were missing.
It,s a pretty stout engine.It,s a 68 350 with flat top pistons,edelbrock intake, headers,with the old 300hp 041 heads.
The only bad things with are, rookie paint job,and he took out the ac and heater because he was going to make it a drag car.
So.........That,s how I wound up with a camaro.I have to say,it is a fun car.But like I said,Now it,s back to the 54.:)

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts