Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What a Week - 132,390 Miles on the Truck and all is well!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Earlier this week I spent a little "TLC" time with my truck.

1) Changed out the oil and full-flow filter.

2) Changed out the fuel filters.

3) Changed out the coolant filter

4) Changed the air in my tires... (ha, ha)

With a 132,390 miles on my truck, she is running as well as the day I got her. Still have the stock turbo, EGR valve, EGR cooler, all 8 injectors, valve covers and no coolant puking!!!!!!

Beach and his Excursion are continuously setting the bar higher for me and my truck.

You maintain you truck to a T!

I was reading back into the forums for fun after joining and read about your coolant filter, that is some interesting stuff!

I wonder if it would be worth doing to any car.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
167,000 Miles and All Is Well!!!!!

OK guys... here is an update on an old thread I had started way back when.

I now have 167,100 miles on my truck and all is well.

All is stock except for...

1) Tranny temperature sensor that was replaced.

2) New HFCM unit (primary fuel filter/pump).

3) New front hubs.

4) ICP sensor

5) Upper & Lower ball joints

6) Brakes

7) Tires

8) Shocks

9) 4X4 vacumm solinoid switch

These are on the only things replaced or repaired since new!!!!

As you can see, not to many parts have been thrown at this truck and many are just things that wear out no matter what make or model of truck one drives!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

OK guys... here is an update on an old thread I had started way back when.

I now have 167,100 miles on my truck and all is well.

All is stock except for...

1) Tranny temperature sensor that was replaced.

2) New HFCM unit (primary fuel filter/pump).

3) New front hubs.

4) ICP sensor

5) Upper & Lower ball joints

6) Brakes

7) Tires

8) Shocks

9) 4X4 vacumm solinoid switch

These are on the only things replaced or repaired since new!!!!

As you can see, not to many parts have been thrown at this truck and many are just things that wear out no matter what make or model of truck one drives!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

You forgot to mention all your various non-stock fluid filters 'hah'

Anyways nice report!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
You forgot to mention all your various non-stock fluid filters 'hah'

Anyways nice report!

Yep... thank goodness for a dieselsite coolant filter and Magnafine P/S fluid filter (aftermarket of course). Oil, Air, Fuel and Tranny filters are all stock.

Thanks, smiliepeelout smiliepeelout smiliepeelout

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
You guys are not going to believe this. Right now I am in an 03 6.0 F250 PSD, handshaker (5 speed) with 173,000 miles that is getting 20mpg. It has not been maintained as well as Jeff's truck (company vehicle). Strangely enough, I think it is still running the original pilot injection flash. I need to get the vin off of it and have Vince run the oasis on it to see what all has been done under warranty. (oddly enough, my other company truck 04 6.0 is in th eshop getting a motor put in it at 130,000. #8 injector hung open and washed the cylinder out)

blacksnapon

Staff member
You guys are not going to believe this. Right now I am in an 03 6.0 F250 PSD, handshaker (5 speed) with 173,000 miles that is getting 20mpg. It has not been maintained as well as Jeff's truck (company vehicle). Strangely enough, I think it is still running the original pilot injection flash. I need to get the vin off of it and have Vince run the oasis on it to see what all has been done under warranty. (oddly enough, my other company truck 04 6.0 is in th eshop getting a motor put in it at 130,000. #8 injector hung open and washed the cylinder out)
Whip it on me, Lester!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I never knew that there was a split-shot strategy for the 6.0.
Yup, and they were getting 20 mpg off the showroom floor.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
PM sent Vince.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The original flash (as driven off the showroom floor) got me +20mpg highway... boy, those were the days.

Have to save up my penny's for new tires. I have 80,000 miles on my BFG All-Terrain tires!!!!!!

I buy from Costco as they cost less, include road hazzard and free tire rotation and balance as often as I like. Best value I have ever found. They also use nitrogen at no extra charge.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Vince ran the oasis on it. 2 reflashes, WIF sensor replaced, PCM reclaibrated, and winshield washer spray nozzel replaced. No injectors, no head gaskets, no turbos, no egr coolers. Musta been built Ford Tough on a Wednesday after a successful contract negotiation.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Vince ran the oasis on it. 2 reflashes, WIF sensor replaced, PCM reclaibrated, and winshield washer spray nozzel replaced. No injectors, no head gaskets, no turbos, no egr coolers. Musta been built Ford Tough on a Wednesday after a successful contract negotiation.

Probably driven by a little old lady oil field worker on Sunday's.
:beer: :beer:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Truck turned 170,000 miles earlier this week and all is well.

Had to install a new alternator (2nd one since new) two weeks ago.

My Ford dealer diesel tech also swapped out my EGR valve (169,800 miles) for a new/used one that he took out of a warrenty repair. Mine was starting to stick (189,900 miles on original OEM EGR valve). He installed/swapped it for at no-charge and said to try it out and the next time I am in he will hook it up and see if any more EGR codes have been "set" in my computer management system. If so, he will clean and I can pay for a new EGR valve... if not.... just leave the used one he installed in and enjoy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts