Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What am I doing.......Uh Oh new truck possibly

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
Well the day has come that I though I would never see and it may be a big surprise to many----I think I am going full-size! I never thought i would and would always be in a Ranger, but when you have a baby on the way and no back seats or back doors in the Ranger, it's time to move on :(

I have scoured the interwebs and finally found the truck I was looking for at a STEAL of a price of $14000 with only 76k miles. Truck is owned be a retired guy that puts like 8k on it a year.

2004 SuperCrew 4x4 Fully Loaded
Black Leather Seats
5.4 V8 Triton
tinted windows
brandnew michelins

yes im aware of some issues with the 04-05 F150s, and I will be sure to check the Carfax and go over the truck well before I buy it.

100_0130.jpg

100_0129.jpg

front_interior.jpg

100_0128.jpg

Going to look and possibly pick it up today if I like it in person, but the pictures do quite a bit of justice.

Ol Red will be For Sale, or going to a Sale.

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
I dont have it yet, going to get it today, i have a car dealer best friend that is going with me and he will run the VIN too

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sharp truck...looks very well cared for. Regardless of how well cared for it was though, I'd be willing to bet you'd have it in pieces detailing it by the weekend.

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
Sharp truck...looks very well cared for. Regardless of how well cared for it was though, I'd be willing to bet you'd have it in pieces detailing it by the weekend.

I wouldnt disassemble it, but you can bet it would have a fresh coat of wax and a few hours of work in it!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That's a great looking truck. Good luck with the sale/purchase going through.

The 04-05's aren't really that bad when it comes to having issues. They're good trucks.

Ryan

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
This is such a hard decision. Ive been in a ranger for 6 years! i should made a pole. I have people (ranger buddies) telling me not too, and others saying great idea. but I DO have a baby on the way

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
anyway to keep the Ranger and move up to a full size?

it's a tough call but having the full size will let you get the whole family in the truck.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I had a dent when the kids were little but kept the rangers also.
With just one the ranger will work but with two or more ankle bitters the ranger was a no go. Even the dent the booster seats took up way to much room.
Finally got a 4 door car a tempo AWD to haul everyone in. The mustang wasn't kid friendly plus I didnt want to soil the interior with kid germs.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
wait... wait...

baby on the way... what'd I miss?

Oh, and bigdance

Now- this is the guy that removes the bed to detail his truck. I hope he doesn't turn psychotic on us when junior starts launching cheerios in the back seat. :rofl: :rofl:

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
I BOUGHT IT!!!!!

304027_2644954728604_1397700026_3081196_821146561_n.jpg

I will post pics this weekend when i wash it!

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
wait... wait...

baby on the way... what'd I miss?

Oh, and bigdance

Now- this is the guy that removes the bed to detail his truck. I hope he doesn't turn psychotic on us when junior starts launching cheerios in the back seat. :rofl: :rofl:

LOL, i thought I announced it here, yes my wife is 10 weeks pregnant and we are super excited! So I thought it was time to upgrade

dixie_boysles

MA, NC
smiliecool2.gif
*Ahem*......Uh Scott, about that (outdated) avatar.... smilietease

everytime i try to upload, the pic is too big, so ill have to take a pic with my camera as the one they took has a huge file size :( yall should look into bigger avatars. i like 300x150 avatars ;)

Congrats on the new truck!!!!!!!!!! (and the baby too) :D

Ryan
thanks!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts