Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wheel Spacing

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I have noticed on my 1995 F350 that the front tires set wider on the axle then the rears do. Now I assume this must be unique to 4WD vehicles so that tire doesn't follow in the same path as the front. Anyhow, I don't exactly enjoy the looks because on the front the tires set outside the fenders by an inch or two, but in the rear, the tires sit almost inside the fender almost looking like there sucked in. Would it be unwise to try and space the rear tires so they match the front? Or how could i do it without sacrificing any strength in the rear?

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I would beleive your axle on the truck are set up for dually rims. Used to be a dually with new 3/4 ton rims.

A 3/4 ton rim has the bolts set almost inside the wheel. Allyoing room for a hubcap or such. Dually rims are spaced as a bubble making the bolts on the outside of the rim, thus your font wheel would tuck right under the front fender.

Tyl

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Are you that the track isn't the same and the rear fenders just extend out more? That's how mine is and it's always driven me crazy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts