Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dressing up the door panels

2 rolls of 1/8" chrome pinstriping tape and a 1/2 hour of my time changed the panel from this:

dsc03847.jpg

To this:

dsc03849.jpg

Now they are off to ebay.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Nice!! Never thought about something that simple to dress up the interior that much! Thanks!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yes it is a nice added to touch to these panels. 6 bucks and a little time.

Looks real good man. Oughta put a few more bones in your pocket.

looks good in the pics. how do you think it will hold up?

My money says a gooooooood long time. I just pulled out some gold pin striping from the PO of my Bronco and he redid the interior about 15 years ago. The tape was still reflective.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
that looks good i thought of that too but coudnt find the trim another thing i did was stainless steel polished plates with plastic letters and led lights [see my gallerys] and i get a lot of compliments from judges and people at the car shows i enter in alberta

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice job looks like they came from the factory that way. Perfect solution for those scuffed up and age worn speaker grilles, I bet that might also work on the chrome areas on the interior such as the dash bezels and trim on the glovebox door. Good restoration tip for those hard to find parts, and for people that are on a budget. I'll have to do that on my door panels and cluster bezel and other trim on the dash of my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat when I get her out of storage in the spring. Thanks for the useful little tip, I'll find it beneficial to me. Ford Truck Fanatics Rock!!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Ranger439

Thanks for the awesome idea for using the 1/8 inch chrome
pin striping tape to restore the speaker grilles on the door panels, it would work rather beautifully on my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat. Would this same idea work on the other chrome trim such as the instrument panel bezel, air conditioning vents, glove box door, and the door trim panels?
Ford Truck Fanatics Rocks!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It might be awkward getting the tape to stick on real small surfaces or doing a tight bend like with the dash bezel...I'm just guessing at that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts