Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dressing up the door panels

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Thanks Ranger 429 for the great idea, it would restore the door panels to a factory appearance. It is a perfect solution for my speaker grilles on my door panels on my 78 Ford F-150 Ranger Lariat.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Redoing my speaker grills on my door panels, and putting new carpeting in my 78 F-150 Ranger Lariat , and those two things and a new glovebox trim bezel that I had found on good old eBay will give me a good start on my interior restoration, as well as a set of under dash courtesy lights.

smiliegitrdone smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
a new glovebox trim bezel that I had found on good old eBay

You're not the one that snagged the metal 73-76 woodgrain glovebox bezel from me??? I knew the seller, didn't know he had that bezel. I put a stupid high bid in, was gonna worry about the cash exchange later (put it toward other stuff of his I wanted)...but sure enough, someone sniped it from me the last minute. Made the seller a butt ton of money, so he was happy at least.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
No I wasn't the one that got the metal glovebox bezel, my truck has the plastic one, so I got the plastic one that was on eBay mine came out of Kentucky. Sorry about the confusion

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No I wasn't the one that got the metal glovebox bezel, my truck has the plastic one, so I got the plastic one that was on eBay mine came out of Kentucky. Sorry about the confusion

No worries at all...was just curious is all. And was kinda gonna feel bad for you if you paid what the other guy paid...because it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

I never knew they made a metal one.

Yeah 76 and earlier I believe...you can also see it in the 76 dealer brochure in the comfort and convenience page.
image241.jpg

image242.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The metal ones are nice. I grabbed one for my 75 for like $5 at a junkyard back in 07.

Cough cough...I was outbid at $75...PLUS $15 in shipping. I've been seeing them in the $20 range.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
It was 77 for the last of the metal ones, 78 -79 used the plastic ones, and mine was one those buy it now deals for 65 bucks. I think mine was NOS for it was in a Ford marked box.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No worries at all...was just curious is all. And was kinda gonna feel bad for you if you paid what the other guy paid...because it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Yeah....but you are tighter than tree bark...smilietease

:rofl: :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah....but you are tighter than tree bark...smilietease

:rofl: :rofl:

True dat...but not afraid to jump on something when it warrants it. Forget ebay and forums when it comes to buying...too rich for my blood, and CL isn't worth the hassel. I scan the facebook groups these days for my buying needs. I bet I'm a member of 20 different 73-79 groups...haha. Found myself several nice tailgates, every one of the 8 tilts I've bought have been through FB, several NOS items, got an entire rust free front clip for $100, etc etc...hell the 59 250 4x4 I'm snagging was through one of those groups.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I was just busting your balls :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh I know I'm a cheap bastard...was just saying, the book of face is where parts buying is at. It's nice being able to know someone's real name, then flame the hell out of them for being too expensive, then the nutswingers join in and shame him into what you offered. Irony behind all that is...I gots all deese parts and all my rigs are down...haha. the Bronco is down with a carb rebuild, Red is waiting to get Redhead goodies installed and Thunder is waiting for my next bonus to go down to Kris' shop.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe it's a good thing I'm not on teh Facebook :rofl: :rofl:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
True dat...but not afraid to jump on something when it warrants it. Forget ebay and forums when it comes to buying...too rich for my blood, and CL isn't worth the hassel. I scan the facebook groups these days for my buying needs. I bet I'm a member of 20 different 73-79 groups...haha. Found myself several nice tailgates, every one of the 8 tilts I've bought have been through FB, several NOS items, got an entire rust free front clip for $100, etc etc...hell the 59 250 4x4 I'm snagging was through one of those groups.

Sweet. Good thing someone is buying all these spare parts so when I need something one day, I know who to call.
:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Maybe it's a good thing I'm not on teh Facebook :rofl: :rofl:

It just takes one part bullspitter...one part having some Ford literature...and one part being an arsehole...and you'll be well on your way to the facebook awesome club.

Sweet. Good thing someone is buying all these spare parts so when I need something one day, I know who to call.
:)

I'm a buyer...not a seller...but I can always be convinced.

Just a thought , but wouldn't it be better to put the money from all those extra parts into one vehicle ? Making that vehicle a lot nicer.

Think bigger Mark...all those parts for 3 nice vehicles. I'm not hoarding for the sake of hoarding...well maybe a little bit.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'm a buyer...not a seller...but I can always be convinced.

Think bigger Mark...all those parts for 3 nice vehicles. I'm not hoarding for the sake of hoarding...well maybe a little bit.

I hear ya. I have bought a few parts over the years thinking I would sell them and I can't get myself too.

I have been trying to get a large storage unit to rent so I can buy more parts. :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have been trying to get a large storage unit to rent so I can buy more parts. :)

Here's my current situation, three 'Lowes' type metal sheds filled, a storage area in the carport filled. Red and Thunder are filled to the brim inside and the bed, can't put anything under them either, Bronco has the rear seat down and is storing parts right now, have an old shed on the 50 acres with some stuff in it too. Luckily, we have an old warehouse not in use at work, so I've been using that for overflow parts and house furniture. The wimmens in my life shat a brick when I got those 2 460's a few weeks ago and just left them in the yard...luckily, Kris and I were able to meet up in a few days.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had managed to find some 1/16th inch striping tape to restore the chrome on the glovebox door panel at a local hobby shop here in Ithaca NY, it is used for model cars, trucks, planes. I had taken my glovebox door into the hobby shop with me, and I had shown the man working the counter what I had and told him what I was trying do, and he told me that he didn't have it in stock, but he could order it for me, and I had him order it for me, and it was like $2.00 per roll. So I do my glovebox door panel and the small areas on my instrument panel.smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts