Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Remember me?

I know I haven't posted here much, or anywhere much for that matter. My son has been doing a lot of travel baseball so my time has been kept busy with that. Just dropped by to let you all know that I ended up selling my F-250. A guy in Germany saw it on ebay a few weeks back and bought it. It left the house today and I actually teared up a bit seeing it head off on a strange trailer. I'm most certain that truck is awfully confused right now as it has been in my grasp for the last 16 years.

It was a tough decision to let it go. Originally I planned to keep it for my son but he really didn't show a lot of interest in it and he wouldn't be able to take full possesion till he graduated college which is another 10 years. He's actually more partial to the Bronco and wanted that instead.

A few parting pictures. RIP Rollin Thunder the 2nd..:(

img_84711.jpg

img_8467.jpg

A PM I got from Ryan (O'Rattlecan) back in 5/08
Our New Website Banner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howdy. I'm Ryan, one of the Admins here.

When you introduced yourself I was blown away by the late 70's black pickup you posted. I am on the tail end of designing a new banner and some new buttons for the site and I was wondering if we could have the honor of using a picture of your pickup in the banner.

If you're willing, do you have any front quarter shots of the truck without anything in the background? The picture you posted in that thread would be great if the big rig wasn't in the back. Trees, hills, grass, anything nature is good, but we're trying to make sure the truck is the focus of the picture - no other machines or structures.

Let me know if you're willing. Thanks!

Ryan

And with that Ryan I thank you for displaying my truck at the top of your page for the last 4 years.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Gone............but surely not forgotten. That was and still is a beautiful truck.

It's good to see the younguns take an interest in the older trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dammit Scott, stop doing that, got all choked up again...haha.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Sad to see it go for sure. Definitely a beautiful 250.

This is an interesting bit of FTF history and a very well-done truck picked to help represent the FTF over the years. Bon Voyage

Thank you all guys. I am most certain it will be well cared for. The guy that bought it said it would end up costing close to 28K by the time it was all done and at his door. He said he would send me some pics once it is there. Hopefully he will pick out a background that shows it is in Germany.

On a good note I did end up buying a new 12 F-350 a few months back. I sure do love the way the 6.7 pulls plus I now have an open spot in the garage it can fill. Another decision that swayed the sale of the black truck.

img_0105.jpg

Last edited:

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
With shipping factored in, 28K for your truck was still a good deal. It's one of the nicest dents on the planet. You did great work on that truck.

Congrats on the new 350. It looks great, too!

Thanks Steve.

Well it looks as though I'm adding another one. Found a 79 F-350 Lariat. Need to figure out shipping, coming from Cali. From talking with the guy it is rust free and an original Lariat. Only has 49K original miles, used to be his grandpa's truck. Interior looks to be in exceptional condition. The exterior leaves little to be desired. I see a ton of options on this from what little pics I have to go with. It still has the D60 front axle. On with the pics.

Drivers door panel:
driver-door-panel.jpg

Passenger side:
passenger-door-panel.jpg

Dash:
dash.jpg

Headliner:
headliner.jpg

Seat:
seat.jpg

And the camo paint job:
truck.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is it too early to call dibs on it when you're done with it???

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like a sweet truck Scott! smilieFordlogo

Very nice. Is that a camper or trailer special? Can't wait to see what you do with this one.

The fender emblem is the only spot Ford used to designate Camper Special, so it would make this a Camper Special. The trailer Special emblem (on the 78-79 era) was marked on the tailgate only. I haven't seen the tailgate and am not sure if both the Camper Special and Trailer Special could be ordered on one truck. It is supposed to come with a whole mess of paperwork, probably has the original window sticker. Glovebox lock, hood lock, toolbox, Lariat trim....This truck is probably loaded with all options. I'm getting wood just thinking about it!!

Is it too early to call dibs on it when you're done with it???

Not at all. Not sure which way I'm going to go with it. Been thinking of the opposite black/silver paint job of the Bronco.

Looks like a sweet truck Scott! smilieFordlogo

No kidding! I nearly crapped myself when I seen the condition of the door panels. Aside from the chrome missing (I can fix that) they look like they just left the showroom.

Yes I will miss the 250 and it is still pretty weird going out in the garage and not seeing it there.

Mark the reason I jumped on it was because of the rarity of the 350/Supercab combination. I might end up keeping it, have to see how my wife feels about that though. Also I almost lost this truck to another buyer. I ended up paying 2500 for it and have shipping set at 1050. If I can find a truck to haul it for that I'm only into it for 3550. Not to bad in my opinion. Here is what I hope it will look like once it is done with a different set of wheels.

1979_f350_lariat_4x4_sc.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts