Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

3rd gen '59

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
This is my 59. I am third gen owner. It has been sitting on my flatbed for 2 years waiting for shop work that never came to be. (insert big grrrrr sound here) So i just brought him home where he will be a here and there project.

Will not keep original except for engine and tranny. Will be daily driver.

And yes it is a "he"

Attachments

• 071209_2041[00].jpg
Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I always thought those are some of the coolest looking trucks. I can't wait to see the ongoing project. :D

Ive always wanted a 59/60 4x4. :D

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
not a 4X4 but is still sexy......meeowwwww kinda sexy.

Josh I still need my "other" guys to help with it as they are a part of me. Maybe I will run polls in two places?

I cannot believe the rust that settled once we got to Indiana. Sure its all topical but still you would Cali and NC it would have done something. But Indiana? WTH?

I need to get all 101 dalmatian happy meal toys out of the cab. (don't ask) and then get horse blankets out of bed (seriously don't ask) Then it is time to get pressure washing so I can see what all is going on with the happy little guy.

not a 4X4 but is still sexy......meeowwwww kinda sexy.

Josh I still need my "other" guys to help with it as they are a part of me. Maybe I will run polls in two places?

I cannot believe the rust that settled once we got to Indiana. Sure its all topical but still you would Cali and NC it would have done something. But Indiana? WTH?

I need to get all 101 dalmatian happy meal toys out of the cab. (don't ask) and then get horse blankets out of bed (seriously don't ask) Then it is time to get pressure washing so I can see what all is going on with the happy little guy.

There is only rust on the coast of CA. There is little to no rust here. :)

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
Thank you guys.

I was being a brat about Cali rust. Thats where I was born and raised.
The first step is cleaning it up and assessing the entire project front to back top to bottom.
A complete picture set will then take place. I will photograph every part.
I then want to get some gas to it (cannot use tank) and see if we can get it to start.
My ex husbands son (Satans spawn) got pissed at me and put a bushel of pecans in the tank. That is going to be first on fix list.
It is going to be fun.

I'm curious, is it illegal to 'fling' a moose out if the plane is on the ground? and only illegal if the plane is airborn? How about if an automatic opening device is added to the parachute? The questions that arise when discussing a 1959 Ford PU. good luck with it.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I would look at getting the gas tank out of the cab and under the bed!!!

I've seen one guy with nubs for ears and not much more for lips and eyelids because of in cab fuel tanks!!!

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
lets see I have cute ears....kissable lips and bedroom eyes so will def have to consider the tank move. I had never thought of that. I wonder if it is a difficult change?

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I got rid of the in cab tank on my 72, now I have room for crap behind the seats, and I wont get roasted. (I like to plan for worst case scenarios) I went with a 20 gal aluminum fuel cell that will mount behind the cab, and in between the frame rails.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
lets see I have cute ears....kissable lips and bedroom eyes so will def have to consider the tank move. I had never thought of that. I wonder if it is a difficult change?

Shouldn't be to hard to change, just get one in the correct (or close) size, and extend the lines out to it.

They might have ones that are made to fit, but measure the width of the frame rails, and search for one near that width would be the cheapest/easiest route, IMO

radialarm

Clown of Death!
lets see I have cute ears....kissable lips and bedroom eyes
Oh God!!! Women!!!

This forum is on a toboagan ride straight to hell!!!:rolleyes:

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
Really? No not yet anyway.

I will have to check out the gas tanks in more depth.

Thanks for the input.

Now where is my toboggan?

radialarm

Clown of Death!

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
So are you from what some of the guys in here say but thats what little blue pills are for.......smilieneenar smilieneenar smilieneenar

radialarm

Clown of Death!
So are you from what some of the guys in here say but thats what little blue pills are for.......smilieneenar smilieneenar smilieneenar
I don't need no stinking blue pillls!!!

Canyonaro

One Amazing Rack
And I like you too.

I am looking online for gas tank changes. Seems a lot of peeps do that because of the safety issues involved.
There are oodles of "dyed in the wool" leave it as it is kind of guys but I did not set out for this to be a concourse restoration just a daily driver that I am comfortable in and with and of course look extremely adorable driving.
I did see several really cool looking tanks. One in particular tank made me do some thinking (yes that was the smoke y'all saw) I thought about having one made that looked like a huge NOS tank. Valves, labels the whole bit.

I am looking around at wheels too. Those are always what I think makes or breaks the truck. (in appearance) Some say it is the paint job but you can have an amazing paint job and the wheels can detract from it 100%. I May just keep what is on there (stock) and just replace the covers. I have one original left and it is pretty well shot. I think the originals look pretty nice. (from the pics I have seen)

So once rain stops and I can get in on and under it I will get some pics posted. The we will make some decisions.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts